Oreilly Auto Parts / sold us junk

My husband went to O'Reilly Auto Parts Store in Tuscumbia, AL and bought a bttery for our ford ranger. We put the battery on the truck in their parking lot and that did not help.

He took the battery back in and told the man it was not the battery and wanted a refund so he could buy a starter. The man told him that the battery was used and he would have to prorate the battery so my husband dedided to keep it.

My husband even bought a starter from that does NOT work and they will not take it back either they say he doesn't know how to put one on, so we are done with them.

Sa

Comments

• Pa
      31st of Mar, 2010

Usually when a battery does not fix the problem, a starter does not fix the problem, then you obviously have another issue. I sale parts for a living and it is common practice for me to narrow the scope as far as I can. If an electrical part has been installed it cannot be returned as new. It's like going to get a gallon of milk, drinking half, and asking for a full refund. It just does not work like that. I would suggest checking all of the grounds, wires, and connections. From there I would suggest having the components checked to make sure they are all working properly. This includes the battery alternator and starter. Before you attack the company itself, go through what it could be before you assume they sold defective parts. Thank you and good luck with this.