O'Reilly Auto Parts / fraud and cheats
I purchased a Bulldog security system from O'reilly auto
. First thing I had to do was look up directions for installation on the internet. Then I called "Customer Support", to see why the kit did not have all the parts needed.
The tech line representitive informed me that I was an idiot! I was taken aback and asked him what he said to make sure I was not hearing things incorrectly. He then proceeded to tell I was an idiot and did I know how many cars were out there and how hard it would be to include all the parts. I then told him that I needed to speak with his suppervisor, and he responded that what I needed to do was to blow it out my ***.
Being very offended I returned to the O'reilly part store were I purchased the part to see what they could do for me about this matter. They gave me the run around for about a week and nothing was ever done. This is why I say screw O'reilly and screw Bulldog security!
More O'Reilly Auto Parts Complaints & Reviews
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - discrimination / unfair treatment 
- O'Reillys Auto Parts - ripping people off 
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - mistreatment of team members 
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - battery scam 
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - racial, sexual harassment and discrimination 
- O'Reilly Auto Parts Store Number 4591 - customer service
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - unethical behavior
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - battery
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - jen peed
- O'Reilly Auto Parts - tension pulley assembly