Orbitz / hampton inn hotel south beach miami booked through orbitz

1 Miami South Beach, United States

I booked a package vacation with Orbitz staying at the Hampton Inn South Beach Miami 14th to 18th December. The hotel charged against my credit card $200 incidentals charge. I have checked with my credit card who agree it has been charged. The hotel claim it was on hold and pending and was not charged. The General Manager Mitch argued with the guest services of his own company who provided him with a screen shot of my credit card statement showing the charge for the 19th December that it had not been charged and was a hold. His advice on the matter was for me to chase and protest the charge with my credit card. I refused as it is not the credit card company's fault but the hotels. We also used the car parking valet for 4 nights amounting to $160 which was ok. At the end of the stay the hotel gave me a receipt telling me they had charged this to my credit card. To date 27th Dec the charge has not been applied and I have no record of it on my credit card. I have made 6 phone calls to guest services who each time speak to the hotel and make no progress whatsoever. I have also spoken to the hotel several times who just refuse to do anything about it.

Ha