Orbitz / Do not buy their air travel insurance / Customer service stinks

I purchased a package to NY for my family with the insurance. I specifically bought the insurance that said I could cancel for any reason, having gone through hell the last time I had to cancel and the terms were very constrained.
I had to cancel the package a week later. I spent 90 minutes being bounced around India/Pakistan customer service occasionally being sent to the US where a very sympathetic person would apologize and try to get be better service (even staying on the line) only to have the situation get messed up again. What a total waste of time. Two weeks later I called to try and get the charges refunded again but to no avail (they said the charges would fall off and they'd not). So i just called Capital One and told them to dispute the charges. the insurance is a great concept but Orbitz customer service has a really difficult time and doesn't seem empowered to resolve disputes.

Ma
Mar 31, 2016

Comments

• Ti
      Apr 02, 2016

Never buy travel insurance from the online travel agencies. The travel insurance is not their's. They are only selling it. Go directly to the travel insurance provider. The coverages are better and the pricing is usually better. We have bought from CSA Travel Protection with good experience. There are others to CSA. There is a travel insurance review site: http://travel-insurance-review.toptenreviews.com/