Orbitz / Do not buy their air travel insurance / Customer service stinks
I purchased a package to NY for my family with the insurance. I specifically bought the insurance that said I could cancel for any reason, having gone through hell the last time I had to cancel and the terms were very constrained.
I had to cancel the package a week later. I spent 90 minutes being bounced around India/Pakistan customer service occasionally being sent to the US where a very sympathetic person would apologize and try to get be better service (even staying on the line) only to have the situation get messed up again. What a total waste of time. Two weeks later I called to try and get the charges refunded again but to no avail (they said the charges would fall off and they'd not). So i just called Capital One and told them to dispute the charges. the insurance is a great concept but Orbitz customer service has a really difficult time and doesn't seem empowered to resolve disputes.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - car rental 
- Orbitz - orbitz was prepaid and when I arrived at the hilton my prepaid room w/ upgrade was not available
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - changing my flight
- Orbitz.com - Scam