Orbitz / cancellation of flight and seat assignments on rescheduled flight.
RE: Flights on Air Berlin - Booking # JDEQY3
Passengers, Karen Jill Vogler, James Kenneth Vogler, Sigrid McQuaid and John Joseph McQuaid.
September 3, 2017 - AirBerlin Flight7007 - Orlando/ Dusseldorf
September 4, 2017 - AirBerlin Flight8882 - Dusseldorf/Florence
When purchasing our tickets through Orbitz, we paid for Economy Seat Upgrades. Cost for this upgrade on these two flights was $35.00 per person. (Seats 14C, 14A, 18C & 18C and second segment seats were 11C, 11A, 12C and 12A) We also bought Orbitz travel protection for $49.00 per person.
Orbitz and AirBerlin let us check in for our flights on September 3, 2017 and we arrived at the airport 2 1/2 hours before flight only to find out flight had been cancelled. Neither AirBerlin or Orbitz notified us of this cancellation. AirBerlin rescheduled us for a Lufthansa Flight departing 5 hours later than our flight with AirBerlin.
We were given seats at the rear of plane with no extra leg room. Therefore we are asking that Orbitz refund us the $35.00 per person we paid for the seat upgrades.
The refund can be credited to the same credit card used to pay for the original reservation.
You quick response is appreciated.
Karen Jill Vogler
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - car rental 
- Orbitz - orbitz was prepaid and when I arrived at the hilton my prepaid room w/ upgrade was not available
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - changing my flight
- Orbitz.com - Scam