onegreatfamily.com / Misleading on the payment and not satisfied with product

I signed up for a 7 day free trial with my visa check card with onegreatfamilycom. Thought I was going to be charged $6.00 a month. They took $79.95 out of my checking account for their annual fee. When I called to cancel, they refused to refund my money. I called two days past the time limit. I never could get any information about my family online. It was a totally useless product and now I am out 80 bucks. I talked with brenda, who answered in customer service, and told her I was not satisfied with the online product and I was unhappy about the way they scammed me out of $80.00. She flat refused to help in any way. If you are not satisfied with the product and want to cancel... They should not refuse to give part or all of your money back. I would like to warn people about this online scam. One great family.com.

Comments

• Pa
      28th of Sep, 2007

You are correct I found the same they are just a scam. There was no information on anyone I was looking for either and they took money from my card after I told them i had no intention of joining. I think there are loads of people out there in the same position. I am taking it to my credit card company and leaving it to them to sort out

• Na
      10th of Aug, 2008

I signed up for this genealogy service on 8/8/08. I was given a screen saying that I could join for $6 a month to be billed in one annual pmt ($72). Next screen said $79.95 annual membership fee. Hoping this was a good genealogy source, I accepted when I read (in small print at the bottom of the previous screen) that the $6 would not apply for an account having a trial period (I actually did not know I had a trial period--an icon was placed on my desk top from somewhere.) Confirmation screen stated it was to be automatically renewed, which I did not want. When I tried using the service, it was a real MESS and I have been researching for over 11 years. I emailed them immediately and left a voice message the following day during their MST business hours. Their msg said someone would contact me with 24 hours. The next day, being Saturday, I am hoping to hear from them tomorrow (Monday). We'll see. I will not recommend this service to anyone.

• Di
      6th of Sep, 2008

I signed up in May and put 9 names in my tree and since then I can't get into my tree after signing on and can not move from the home page it just keeps searching. No one will respond to my complaints. What a waste of money and time.

25th of Mar, 2009

Experiencing the same issues as everyone else - they get you in for a 'free trial', turn on "auto billing", and make it EXTREMELY hard to remove the autobilling. I've been on hold for the last 15 minutes and the phone alternates between terrible hold music and ringing w/out answer for 5 minutes at a time.

Do NOT use this site - use a more reputable genealogy site instead.