OneGreatFamily.com / Unauthorized charges
About three weeks ago, I signed up for their 7-day free trial and on the seventh day I canceled my membership. Due to internet security restrictions at my work, I was unable to cancel via their website, I couldn't find a number for them in any of my emails from them nor could my bank provide a number to contact them.
The only thing that I could do from work was first be sure that their emails didn't have that little clause we are familiar with 'please do not respond to this email blah blah blah' and it didn't; so I replied to several of them canceling my membership. The very next morning when I checked my account I found that they had debited my account 79.99 fee for full membership the day before; on the 7th day of my trial period!!
I searched their website for ever finding that they can only be reached via email upon emailing them several complaints I finally received a popup with a number to call them. It is clear to me that this company doesn't want people calling them (Maybe alotta complaints? By the way their number is [protected] for those who want to know. )
Anyway, I called several times just to hear a voicemail stating how busy they are and to leave a message. I proceeded to call every 15 minutes until I reached someone who was available. On my 7th try a human answered. After being accused of being irresponsible and in breach of contract; I asked for a supervisor who did refund my money without question. Two weeks later, they debited my account again, this time without any type of authorization or contracts to support such a charge. This is illegal and fraudulent. Looks like I am going to have to seek legal advise...
More OneGreatFamily.com Complaints & Reviews
- One Great Family Website - Rip off scam 
- One Great Family - Unauthorized charges 
- One Great Family Website - Billing issues 
- onegreatfamily.com - Money scam 
- One Great Family - Refund
- onegreatfamily.com - Incorrect information; asked for removal and they say they cannot
- onegreatfamily.com - Unethical behaviour
- One Great Family - Unauthorized credit card charges
- ANC One Great Family - Scam, dishonest company 
- One Great Family/Family History Research - Took money from my account before trial period was up