OneGreatFamily.com / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-643-8733

About three weeks ago, I signed up for their 7-day free trial and on the seventh day I canceled my membership. Due to internet security restrictions at my work, I was unable to cancel via their website, I couldn't find a number for them in any of my emails from them nor could my bank provide a number to contact them.

The only thing that I could do from work was first be sure that their emails didn't have that little clause we are familiar with 'please do not respond to this email blah blah blah' and it didn't; so I replied to several of them canceling my membership. The very next morning when I checked my account I found that they had debited my account 79.99 fee for full membership the day before; on the 7th day of my trial period!!

I searched their website for ever finding that they can only be reached via email upon emailing them several complaints I finally received a popup with a number to call them. It is clear to me that this company doesn't want people calling them (Maybe alotta complaints? By the way their number is [protected] for those who want to know. )

Anyway, I called several times just to hear a voicemail stating how busy they are and to leave a message. I proceeded to call every 15 minutes until I reached someone who was available. On my 7th try a human answered. After being accused of being irresponsible and in breach of contract; I asked for a supervisor who did refund my money without question. Two weeks later, they debited my account again, this time without any type of authorization or contracts to support such a charge. This is illegal and fraudulent. Looks like I am going to have to seek legal advise...
Va

Comments

Ty
  25th of Oct, 2008
I had a similar problem with this company.

Have never been able to upload file. Received promises stalling tactics but no success.

Asked to cancel they refused. C onvinced credit card company to charged back fee. Site owner rebilled.

Learned from internet research that firm apparently uses these tactics to "wear down" customers. They lead the customer to believe problem is with their tech knowledge. I know tech - this was an issue with their servers. This is a scam. If only every other person can upload they don't have to buy equipment but keep the fee. Obviously they are in this for the short term and not concerned about reputation.

Sent letter to Chase, my credit card company, to have this fee charged back again for non-receipt of services. The credit card representative told me to say "non receipt of services" as that puts the burden on onegreatfamily.com or z-corp.com to prove.

Two suggestions:

http://consumerist.com/ (they are great)
File a complaint with you state attorney general - in my state, NY, it's online.
Ka
  9th of Sep, 2009

OneGreatFamily.com - Fraudulent Charges
onegreatfamily.com

My attorney informs me that onegreatfamily.com has made fraudulent charges against my checking account for about 26 months.
He
  15th of Nov, 2010

OneGreatFamily.com - When you enroll they bill your account in advance
Onegreatfamily.com
onegreatfamily.com

Be very careful-when you enroll they bill your account in advance but DO NOT give advance notice of your renewal-be sure to cancel before your anniversary date to avoid another year's bill.

OneGreatFamily Logo OneGreatFamily