Olive Garden / being hired

1 Springhill TN, United States Review updated:

My complaint is with the Olive Garden in Springhill, TN. My daughter puts in application and gets a phone call from a manager named Candace. It went so well that basically she made her feel like she had the job. Told her she would see her on Monday, May 21st, my daughter's 21st birthday by the way. My daughter was so excited. She's been a server for a couple years. Right before hanging up Candace asked her if she had any family who had ever worked for Darden before. She said yes, my mom. Well her mom was fired by Candace about 3 years ago. My daughter goes in on Monday. Candace wasn't even there. They sent out a visiting manager to talk to her and she told her no. My daughter was devastated. She actually went back in and asked what she did wrong because she was basically told she had the job. The visiting manager told her it was because of her availability. Then why wasn't she told that over the phone! It wasn't a problem then. I think we know exactly why she wasn't hired. Pretty low down. And by the way. My daughter has received scholarships for excelling in interviews. So please don't try to say it was something else.

Mi
May 22, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      22nd of May, 2018

just my opinion but a vindictive manager shouldn't be tolerated by this company
    I would contact the corporate office and let them know

Olive Garden Corporate Office | Headquarters

CFO: Ricardo Cardenas
    COO: David C. George

• Mi
      24th of May, 2018

@9wood Thank you so much. I really appreciate this information.

• 9w
      24th of May, 2018

@Michelle49 no problem best of luck:)