Office Max / refused to replace defective cartridge!

I ordered office supplies in August from Office Max - enough to last me for a while. When I opened an Office Max brand Remanufactured Ink CXartridge in December, I soon found it was defective--no yellow ink. I contacted Office Max, requesting a replacement and was refused since I ordered the supplies more than 30 days ago.

Whether it's 30 days or 300 days, when I open an ink cartridge, I expect it to be of good quality. Office Max says I had thirty days to "inspect it" for defects. By the way, when I placed my original order, it took more than two weeks for the color cartridge to arrive. Office Max had somehow left it out when they packed my order--so it arrived separately toward the end of August.

It would cost Office Max next to nothing to replace their defective product, unfortunately, their shoddy customer relations has cost them a customer.

A  2nd of Mar, 2007 by
Yeah in 2006 i received a card and purchased an editing pc. The promo was no finance charges until 2008. now 2007 i'm still haggling with these people, that is when they decide to answer their phones, and after pushing through all the automation. They want their money because i signed a contract but i signed a contract with understanding they wouldn't charge me out right or covertly, finance charges. I think I blow this card and claim bankruptcy. Why isn't office max and hsbc being investigated? Clearly this is a corrupt entity.
A  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I believe that Office Max cuts their overhead by not properly refilling their remanufactured ink cartridges. I have purchased several that have only produced between 5 to 50 pages with print before the cartridge runs completely out of ink. Given the fact that a new printer cartridge that is completely full of ink is supposed to print at least 300 pages using normal ink load, brings me to the conclusion that Office Max and/or the company it uses to refill the cartridges that it resells to consumers who probably do not realize that they are being riped off by this means. I think they are stealing millions if not billions of dollars from the consumers by using this method and I think their should be a class action filed against both OfficeMax and the company or companies that they contract to carry out this criminal action.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by
Just so you know, ink expires.
D  24th of Aug, 2009 by
If you leave an inkjet cartridge unused for extended period of time, they tend to dry up. One person admited that ink cartridge was in printer for over 6 months without being used, then didn't work right. The ink tends to thicken up and clo up and not work. Inkjet cartridges are a touchy subjet. You can't tell by looking at it or shaking it how old it is or how much ink is in it. Customers often bring in old, empty cartridges claiming they recently purchased it and it didn't work, just to get a free ink cartridge instead of having to actually buy one. But it is the manager's call, and often depends on past experience and how sales are going.

Office Depot Logo Office Depot