Office Depot/ Protection Plan — failure to honor the plan on a timely basis
Office Depot should promise guaranteed consumer frustration when they sell performance plans that offer replacement of the product that cannot be fixed. What they do not tell you is that it will take constant calls-2-3 times per week for months before they will finally honor the plan. Excuses range from not registering the computer (we did) to errors on their part entering the computer style requiring us to fax copies of all receipts and plan information. Parts are ordered before the computer is even seen. Expect at least a week or two before the parts arrive-when they do not-make a few more calls to get the parts ordered. When the parts arrive, contact office Depot again to get a work order and then repairmen are contacted. Expect delays of at least two-three days before they contact the repair service. After two visits from the computer expert (we had to schedule repair time) our computer could not be fixed so now we need to box it up (at our expense) and ship it Office Depot using labels that are promised but do not arrive, requiring more phone calls to obtain the labels. Every phone call ends up wasting time (minimum of 10 minutes not including hold time) and promises for return calls are not honored. I think we now have made 25 phone calls (maybe more-I lost count), spoken with over a dozen people and still have no satisfaction. After they receive the computer (I imagine it will take several phone calls to make sure they correctly record the delivery) they will write a check that will take about six weeks after they receive the computer. All told it will take about 4 months (maybe more) before Office Depot will honor the plan. I am glad this computer was not the only one we could use for school and work. Do not buy any performance plan fromOffice Depot unless you enjoy being frustrated by the tremendous number of hoops they want you to jump through before they comply. Customer service is just lip service for this company!
More Office Depot/ Protection Plan Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee)
- Office Depot - scam tech services
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance
- Office Max - 14 day return policy!
- Office Depot - warranty service is awful
- Office Depot Store in Huntington Beach - CA - office depot services
- Office Depot - charged for order that we didn’t ask for
- Office Depot - laptop and service
- Office Depot - the worst experience with retail ever!