Office Depot — rebate scam
Salesperson at office depot talks me into a brother laser printer for such and such a price. Go to the register. Oops! The credit charge is for way more? Oh yes, but all you do is fill out this paperwork and you will get a "rebate" of the rest of the money bringing the final sale price down to what you were originally told by the salesperson. Huh? Well, ok...
Hours of wasted time filling out their paperwork, clipping and cutting barcodes off boxes, photocopying of receipts. Months later, no rebate. Call. Hours on the phone on-hold, then with overseas drones explaining additional "requirements and procedures", resubmit. Still refused. Calls to local office depot, resubmit, calls to 800 #, e-mails. More excuses...
Finally I get it!! No, not the rebate. The fact that there is no rebate. This is office depot's style of "marketing" and "customer service". Some might call it bait an switch. Others would call it outright theft. Me? I call it once burned, twice smart.
If I ever spend another penny in an office depot, you have permission to shoot me.
More Office Depot Complaints & Reviews
- Office Depot - this is regarding our return policy (i'm an od employee)
- Office Depot - scam tech services
- Office Depot Recycle Scam - ink cartridge recycle scam
- Office Depot/ Protection Plan - failure to honor the plan on a timely basis
- Office Max - Max Assurance Service Contract - worst service ever: no assurance at officemax's max assurance
- Office Depot - warranty service is awful
- Office Depot Store in Huntington Beach - CA - office depot services
- Office Depot - charged for order that we didn’t ask for
- Office Depot - laptop and service
- Office Depot - the worst experience with retail ever!