NYSEG / incompetence & overbilling

United States Review updated:

NYSEG will charge high fees even if you choose another supplier--they call these "delivery charges". These are supposed to cover meter reading, line maintenance, preparing budget billing plans and regular billing. NYSEG had not done an actual read on my electric for 10 months--just estimates. This is a violation of state regulations. They tried to blame me and demanded I go into my cellar to read the meter because I had not provided access---THE METER HAS BEEN OUTSIDE FOR OVER TEN YEARS AND IS VERY EASILY VIEWED! They called again a few days later and insisted it was in my cellar. Again, another call! I even had to request my electrician come to check the meter. He couldn't believe they couldn't find it---it even had a NYSEG tag on it. Anyway, finally an actual read was done and NYSEG owed me over $1, 600.00 ! They had given me a $519.00/month budget amount then they BLAMED ME FOR OVERPAYING! They were taking the payments on autopay (which they also denied). Long story short--REPORT THESE ISSUES TO THE NEW YORK STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION. You can do it right on-line. They must investigate and assist you. You may also report to the Attorney General's Office. NYSEG has a terrible reputation--you can find out more at the public service website. Good luck!

Tr

Comments

• Er
      2nd of Feb, 2010

Hello
    My name is Tania Smith and I had order a computer and piad it in full. My free items amd refund for 300 dollar was not give to me and I a disappointed with all of this.

Thanks- Tania Smith