Nwp & Vertex Multifamily Services / Overcharging & Unable to Get a Hold of

I just moved into a new apartment and when I got my first water bill I was floored. I had a 10 day billing cycle and they wanted to charge for a full month even though the contract I signed with the lease says that they are to prorate the first and last month. I have been unable to ever speak to a live person or to leave a voice message even during their regular business hours which I believe are inadequate since they are based in Florida but serve people all across the states. I have sent at least one email a day for over 2 weeks and have never received a response and the last 6 emails come back saying they are undeliverable even though I send the message through their website.

This is EXTREMELY bad business practices and is on the borderline of crookery. This company needs to be put out of business.

Comments

• Vg
      Mar 16, 2018

Regarding admin fees, imposed by NWP:
    NJ State Department of Community Affairs classifies Administrative Fees for any recipient of "Section 8" as illegal -
    "In reviewing the billing format it shows that an "Administrative Service Fee" is being charged along with the gas usage. Please be aware that this fee is not allowed and must be removed from the bill. If it is found that this charge si being used, the owners will be liable for an assessment of a civil penalty and may be forced to reimburse these fees to all billed parties." (letter is sent from Section 8 to landlord on May 16, 2017) New Jersey State.