Norwegian Cruise Line / Horrible service, rude staff, poor quality food!

I took a cruise on NCL, the Dawn, this summer to Bermuda and the Bahamas. There were 10 of us - 5 rooms on deck 10. Various problems - horrible service, rude staff, lost shoe from luggage, room keys that wouldn't open causing us to lose the use of 1 room for the first full day, poor quality food. Whenever we tried to get help the response from management was terrible and very rude. An expensive pair of shoes was lost out of my luggage when delivered to my room (rip was in luggage and 1 shoe was missing) and they said it was my fault. I should have not given them my luggage to move on board. Everyone was rude. We got yelled at by staff for the simplest of requests. I would NEVER travel on NCL again.

A  19th of Feb, 2007 by
The beginning of December 2006 we took a 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Norwegian Jewel, leaving December 3, 2006 from Miami, Florida.

This was the cruise from "hell". This was our first and last cruise! Not cheap, $3,900 for the Garnet Penthouse, #11030. Our accommodations were spectacular, two bedrooms, two baths, with a butler 24/7. Yes, we went first class but this was not the cruise we expected.

Our first night out and every night thereafter from approximately midnight to 3 a.m. we were awakened by noise coming from the deck above us. It was the crew cleaning. We were below the swimming pools, band stand, outdoor buffet, etc.

Every night and day we complained of the noise but to no avail. We even offered to switch rooms with the crew, as long as we could get some rest. Rest was impossible day or night. Needless to say, NCL did not resolve our problem and we arrived back at home totally exhausted and physically sick.

I have contacted the "Better Business Bureau" only to learn the NCL has an unsatisfactory rating with them for not responding to consumer complaints. Of course this is exactly what they are doing to us. We have contacted them dozens of times and they have promised to call us but they day never comes. It doesn't appear as it will. I hope anyone who decides to go on a cruise checks with the Better Business Bureau first!

Wish me luck, I am not finished with them yet!
A  11th of Apr, 2007 by
We also receive poor service before, during and after our trip on the Norwegian Dawn 3/22/2007 to 4/1/2007. The cruise line messed up our bank account causing over $450 in fees to be charged to our account and I can't get a response from the cruise line.
A  5th of Aug, 2007 by
My wife and I went on a cruise to Alcupulco. We booked the trip about 5wks before the cruise left. 2 days prior they called us telling us the cruise was being changed due to engine problems. Well it turned out that the itinerary had been changed every cruise for 5 wks. It is total fraud. When we checked in there was dirty sock on the floor. Also they talk about freestyle cruising. We checked the website and everywhere we could for a dress code. There was none to be found. Once you get on the boat they tell you no shorts after 5 pm in the dining room. It was a cruise to Mexico for god sake. They are horrible and I wouldn't go back. Avoid at all cost. If a class action law suit happens I would love to testify.
A  17th of Jun, 2008 by
In December of 2007 I travelled with a group of thirteen people. We all had different suites, many of them the most expensive. We are easy people to like enjoy ourselves without being belligerent or rude. We also like to enjoy spending money and making new friends when we travel. Never have we been so rudely and hatefull treated y by employees that made a very strong point of how much thy hated Americans. I had no idea that we were so hated. Even housekeeping let us know how they hated cleaning our room, (which most of us kept immaculate anyway)! Guess they probably threw our american tips overboard.

I will never travel on another Norwegian ship again. And I make sure to inform future clients to look elswhere to their (thousands of dollars) money elsewhere.
A  16th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
My wife and I just returned from a cruise to Alaska via the Inland passage on the Norwegian Star. Service was perfunctory, The entertainment could have been surpassed by a child's dance class, and the food was utterly tasteless. The major emphasis of the cruise seemed to be promotion of a chain of jewelry stores that the cruise line had an interest in. Anything worth having cost extra, even soft drinks. After debarking in Seattle, exhausted from the trip, we elected to simply microwave some TV dinners in our hotel room. It was the tastiest thing I'd had to eat in a week.
A  4th of Jul, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I took the Norwegian Jewel about 3 weeks ago to the Bahamas and Florida, and it didn't satisfy me. First of all, the room cleaners were terrible. The water in the toilet was always stuck and we could not flush the tiolet and overnight, the room had a terrible smell.
Next, my kids went to the resturant by themselves and the way they treated them was terrible. The waiter asked them what race they were and asked them where the rest of the gang was. They also served them their desert without serving them their main course.
Next, my sister's room cleaner guy was terrible. Twice, he opened the closet in her cabin and took out all the animals that they made out of the towels. I'm not complaining about the towels, I'm saying that the closet was for us to put out things in, and it is private, so they had no right to look and go through their stuff.