norton.com / unauthorized charges

1 KS, United States Review updated:

My bank account was debited not just once but three times on the same day by norton.com for $145.32 each time totaling $435.96. I have never ordered anything from norton.com and have no idea how they got my debit card number. I filed a fraud charge through my bank and was told it would be 7 to 10 business days before my account was credited. If the fraudulent charges had been $500 or more it would have required a police report.

Ra

Comments

• Na
      19th of Apr, 2008

on march 16, Iwas charged $64.94 for norton renewal . I did not authorize this trans action.Please credit my account immediately Thank you, Nancy Tawater

• Ro
      9th of Mar, 2010

Same thing happened to me on 3/8/2010 for a similar amount! Only mine was 4 charges! I'm also disputing...

• Sw
      26th of Jul, 2010

Just happened to me, discovered today but 3 identical unauthorized charges of $114.99 taken out of my account on 7/19 ... again bank says 10 business days before resolved, sending paperwork ... what really annoyed me was the bank calling me to suggest I call norton for a refund! A refund for what?? I never made a purchase in the first place!! I've filed fraud with the bank but it's ridiculous that they can make you wait so long to get your money back and they didn't even guarantee I'd get my money back ... like seriously how is this company getting hold of peoples bank card information???