Norton Anti - Virus Symantic / fraudulent charges on debt card!

Pittsfield, MA, United States Review updated:

I ordered Norton Anti-Virus over the internet a year ago. My subscription was not up until january 24th 2008. On january 11th my subscription was renewed with out my knowledge. I was never asked if i wanted my subscription automatically renewed. I never received any notification before the 55.oo dollars was deducted from my bank account. Because of Nortons mistake i bounced checks. Also when i called norton i was put on hold for over two hours and then told it could take up to three days to get the money back in to my account. When i asked to speak to a supervisor i was told, "this office is the final point of contact".

Comments

Be
  24th of Jan, 2008
I had the EXACT (dates are almost identical too) same thing happen to me. I have been on the phone with Symantec (and their reps in India who barely understand me or me them) three times and they can't even find a record of the charge!!! I have faxed and emailed a copy of my bank statement to them and still no reply. I did have "renew automatically" checked within my account details but I had gone in weeks before my subscription was due to expire and changed it to manually renew. And they still charged me, and weeks before it was even expired!

I am going to have my bank take up the fight now as this is totally fraudulent and I want a refund. I had planned to switch from Norton a while back when the "renew now" pop up crap kept coming up 2 months before my subscription expired.

I will never use Norton again.

Norton Logo Norton