Norton 360 / error product download

1 P.O Box 72 Cambrai South AustraliaCambrai, South Australia, Australia Review updated:
Phone: (08)85693079

My norton internet security 2007 subscription was running out so i upgraded to norton 360.
Norton 360 product code TH63MC2XFYC6VF7V2QX6P4RXY
Norton AntiBot prod code 32GTVEDDSX3RJ9XPARMWJX4FU
I have lost my Norton System works program
Under instructions i installed the removal tool and tried Reinstall Norton 360
I encountered Error (9999,17x)
I encountered Program Error (3038,105)
(1) could you please help me with my problem
(2) could you please send me a CD ROM of the program
(3) return my money if all fails A$139.94
Ron Atkinson

Comments

Sc
  3rd of Jan, 2008

Have you tried to search the Norton website for specifics about your error message?

Pablo

An
  10th of Jan, 2008

I had a problem while trying to install as well. It removed my Systemworks and completely messed up my Windows XP. I eventually had to do a System Recovery. Avoid this Software. Try returning it.

El
  29th of Jan, 2008

On January 20th I had to reboot my computer. I lost my Symantec Norton 360 in the process. I purchased a two year service contract last July, and am not anxious to do it again 7 months later.

I have two sets of instructions on how to activate it, but I'm not having success at trying to do either one of them.

A live chat would be helpful. Hopefully it doesn't take 2-3 days.

Elizabeth Anne

Ou
  30th of Jan, 2009

Chat ID: fe17cf6d-f8e1-42ff-b6c9-3c143e600373
Problem : need help
Nancy: You are being transferred to Nancy.
Nancy: Welcome to Norton Spyware & Virus Removal Service.
Is this the first time you are contacting us or do you have a Priority ID?
Mr. dex barker: no
Nancy: May I have your Priority ID please?
Mr. dex barker: and no
Mr. dex barker: dont have it sorry
Mr. dex barker: i just need help with how to make a complaint
Mr. dex barker: about norton 360
Mr. dex barker: and this is my complaint
Mr. dex barker: As I have just had a lovely chat with your support team at symantec. I’m off to trading standards as it states (easy access to FREE email and live chat technical support) on the packaging of the product, it does not state just for the product and you have to pay for virus support £69 when I have paid £59 for the product. So the stated FREE technical support you get is not free at all. I hope this can be resolved before I do.
Regards,
Dexy Barker
Nancy: Ok, Please verify your email address for quality assurance.
Mr. dex barker: dexybarker@hotmail.com
Nancy: Please provide me your alternate phone number or mobile number.
Mr. dex barker: 07817980892
Nancy: Are you connected from the computer, which is facing this particular issue?
Mr. dex barker: yes
Nancy: Thank you. Please wait while I look up your Priority ID.
Nancy: Thank you for staying on hold.
Mr. dex barker: thats ok
Nancy:

Your Priority ID is 491395363 . Please make a note of it for future reference.
Mr. dex barker: ok done
Nancy: As I understand from your issue description your computer is infected with virus and you are not willing to pay for the support Am I correct?
Mr. dex barker: yes
Nancy: Dex, The money you pay is worth the efforts put forth by our Consultants in resolving the issue on your computer. You would have one of the experts in this field to assist you in resolving the issue. Once they are able to remotely connect to your computer, you just need to sit back and relax while they do the necessary steps to resolve the issue. Your presence is only required if we need to restart the computer and to ensure an active Internet connection.
Nancy: We do not charge you on an hourly basis like certain other similar support services, and we offer you a 7 days support which is a great value for the money you pay and you could get back to us during that time if the issue persists.

Moreover once the infection is removed our technicians would provide you expert advice, based on the specific configuration/settings of your computer, on how to stay protected in the future from similar threats.
Mr. dex barker: ryt nancy plz stop reading of a sheet coz this i know all ready
Mr. dex barker: so plz help me sort out my comlaint
Mr. dex barker: as i said u state free and its not so help me plz sort this out
Mr. dex barker: im trying to be nice as this is not ur folt
Mr. dex barker: so plz do the same for me
Nancy: I can provide you a free support link offered by symantec.
Mr. dex barker: on the back of the box on norton 360 it states free tachnical support not u have to pay £69 im i ryt
Nancy: When you purchase the product, the cost of the product is for the software, updates to the software and for the virus definitions. Apart from this, there is an additional charge for value added services.
Mr. dex barker: lets try again does it state on the back of norton360 free tachnical support
Mr. dex barker: ???????
Nancy: Virus and spy ware removal support is a fee based service.
Nancy: Virus and Spyware Solutions is a value added service provided by Symantec. We have well-trained consultants who would put in their best efforts to resolve the issue.
Mr. dex barker: so yes it does tell me the free TECHNICAL SUPPORT ur going to give me that FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Mr. dex barker: OR are u saying the box is liying
Nancy: Symantec provides free online support that has 'step by step instructions' to remove the threats from your computer.

The free online support is available to you at http://securityresponse.symantec.com.
Mr. dex barker: ryt so plz tell my where u make my complaint to symantec and hit them with the book (trading standards)
Nancy: For complaints you can get more details from the Symantec website.
Mr. dex barker: no i have tryed that
Mr. dex barker: or are u say u dont know
Mr. dex barker: this is not looking good for u guys at symantec is it
Nancy: You can get more information from the Symantec website.
Mr. dex barker: so u cant help
Mr. dex barker: ??????????????
Nancy: I have provided all the help from our end.
Mr. dex barker: thanks take hole convo has been copyed see symantec soon
Mr. dex barker: that
Nancy: I understand your concern, As per the company policy I can transfer you to the expert technicians only after the payment.
Mr. dex barker: thanks that last bit was all i needed to hear techincians only after the payment
Nancy: Is there anything else I can help you with?
thats it i think that says it all dont we

8th of Sep, 2009

Your comments is what I hear every time I call Norton service too . They will keep you on line telling you how sorry they are. Then after a long while they transfer you to another agent and they start asking the same questions all over agai. I do tell them to please read the chat log for the earlier chat tech. and then lets start from thereb but no, they ask the same questions. I have contacted Norton aleast 18 times this year along and evern today I have log in issues with Norton not remembering my carded passwords. I get errors, freeze up (lots) i have to always turn off my computer off manually because of it. I have DLS (might as well have dial up) and I have always a slow computer (get my blood going). I tell them I am from the USA and they still patch me to India ( I guess no one in the USA can work on computers right?) and those people there can speak some English but man don't think in English or something. Only one time did I get a guy that I thought he was born in the USA, or talked like he was street wise on talking. Heck the remote help takes from 1 to 6 hours of my time. Then a few days later, have the same problems over again. I tell them that is why I have Norton 360 to keep my computer running fast and free of ziruses. Then they still ask for $99.99 to help me get rid of the trouble that their Norton lets in. Then they end by saying will there be anything else ? Thanks you for calling Norton. yea right. I still have 130 days left ( Norton won't refund me by pro-rating days unused) and even though I do, I am going to get Fios by Verzion. My buddies have changed to that and there computer runs great( all the time). RT