Nokia Yearly Promotion / avoid this criminals at all costs

United States Review updated:

I received an SMS on my phone to say that my sim number has won the sum of R100, 000 from NOKIA YEARLY PROMOTION and my pin is 1208. Then it goes to say that that I should contact my claim agent Mr Taylor on [protected].I immediately googled this promotion only to find out that it was a scam.Now that we have RICA in place, why cant Nokia track down these criminals who try to steal our hard-earned money. I was shocked to see the number of complaints about this SCAM on the internet.

Surely these criminals must be catching some people who are desperate for cash. We are all desperate for money but if you are not careful enough, you will end falling for these criminals. Please NOKIA, do something about this!!! How can you not stop these people whne you are such a big organisation. Please protect our nation from these hooligans. I AM VERY ANGRY!!!

Comments

• En
      23rd of Apr, 2014

Hi, my name is Mushi from Namibia and i as all desperate beings for money almost fell for the same scam, my wife was so exited that she already started budgeting what we were going to do with the money, i received the text from an SA number confirming my winnings around six in the morning with my promo winning number and was asked to call a Mr, William which i of course did, the first thing i asked was how this happened and he was very quick with words and convincing.He asked me how i wanted to receive my money and also asked me if i were employed or a student.I told him that i was employed but asked him what he thought was the best and quickest way for me to get my money.He then told me that there are two easy ways to get my money very quick, either through the bank which takes three hours or through my mail box which takes 24 hours.I chose the post office box because i heard of this scam rumours from friends that lost their money and was never going to give him my bank details.He then asked me to text him my details, which i did and he told me about registering my winning number and that i should wait for my check through my mail.A day went by and my wife was still exited about this money but i kept telling my wife that it might be a scam and of course she did not believe me until decided to search information on this Nokia yearly promotion promo winnings and boom there it was, i was right about the scam and i am still reading about the scam as i am typing this comment and still have to go and dissapoint my wife about the scam and ask her to get rid of the budget, LOLLEST.