Nokia N 73 / non availability of parts for repairs

1 India Review updated:

Hi all,

I bought a Nokia N 73 mobile phone in June 07 from Delhi for 16500 rs. I was then posted to Secundrabad in July 07 where I met with an accident on 28th of August 07. My mobile phone was damaged . I then gae the phone to Nokia care branch Paradise in Hyderabad. They kept it for more than a month and said that the mother borad is damaged and it cannot be repaired as they do not have a stock available for it.

Anyhow people said that there is one big Nokia Care at Somajiguda, Hyderabad who deal in all kinds of repairs. I went to them around 15th of October 2007. They said that due to Diwali rush phone would take a months time. They took some Rs 100 + as service charges and asked me to talk to them by 20th of november. I went to them on 22nd of November when they again told me that mother board is damaged. They said that it would cost 10500 for repairs and will take around 10 days and asked me if i would like to go ahead with the repairs for which i said yes.

On 1st of Dec , I went there to collect my phone and as again Nokia had the same lame excuse that they do not have the stocks at the moment and would take them 3 months to repair my phone.

I do not expect such lame excuses from such big compnaies like Nokia. Also my phone is not a discontinued version of a phone it is very much there in the market and it is one of the top end phones Nokia is selling at the moment.

I would like to know a solution to this as after numerous phone calls and running around my phone is still not repaired. I would really appreciate it if you can guide me in this regard. My address and telephone no is given below.

Address:-

Aman Singh

Comments

25th of Jun, 2007
    India

I bought NOKIA N 73. one month ago. I have to recharge its battery within 2-3 days. For volume set, first I was able to set its volume less or max... But now even if thru headphone or thru phone itself volume setting button doesn't work.

Very poor product quality!

• Na
      17th of Dec, 2007

I want to registration my Nokia N73 Music edition mobile.

• Ha
      5th of May, 2008
    NOKIA INDIA PVT.LTD
    www.nokia.com

I have misplace my NOKIA N 73 cell phone. But as per nokia customer care they canot detect or lock my cel with the help of IMEI NO.

• Ni
      30th of Sep, 2009

MOBILE HAND SET LOST ON 26/08/2009

12th of Dec, 2009
    nokia
    India

i am chandrayee pathak and i live in bhubaneswar. i left my cellphone while coming in an auto rickshaw, and within 5 minutes of my leaving the phone when i called in my number, it was not reachable

• Sh
      11th of Mar, 2011
    civil

Dear Sir,

Sub:- I have lost my cell phone and its IMEI no is 353548028636992
    plz find it and give report to my email id its shreyas.kannur22@gmail.com
    please sir it was my first phone it was stolen and even our laptop has stolen with it
    thanking you.