NJ Transit / 3 missed trains and a river line employee

1 Bordentown, NJ, United States

Thursday, July 16, arrived at the Bordentown River Line station at 11:20, a.m. Train arrival times were 11:29 a.m. then 11:59 a.m. and then 12:25 p.m.

None of those three trains ever rolled into the station. By the time the third one didn't show, the platform was full of people.

I started to leave after standing there for an hour-and-a-half. As I left I saw a young man who couldn't be more than 25 years old wearing a "River Line T-Shirt."

I spoke to him: "That's the 3rd train that didn't show!"

He said: "Yeah there are a bunch of breakdowns today."

He was crouching and I looked for some piece of technical equipment or reading or something that he was doing and he didn't have any he was just crouching there watching the platform?

I said: "you should probably tell some of those people as they have been standing there in the heat for some time."

At that point his face broke out in amusement and I realized that he was purposely not telling them even though he had likely been directed to do it by his superiors. He was in short, committing an act of malice against strangers because he thought it was amusing. What he should of done was come out after the first train and told everyone.

The digital marquee display never displayed any information as to the breakdowns or to any matter of delay.

I feel that this young man should be disciplined for his behavior.