Netspend / gift card scam
I received a "gift ATM" card from a family member for $50. I called to activate the card and was told I needed to accept their credit card. They took my Social Security number. The "gift card" was purchased at Albertson's for $9.95. When I received the credit card, I went to my bank and used the ATM machine. I was charged $0.50 for a balance inquiry, $1.50 ATM fee (my bank), $2.00 ATM fee (NetSpend) to withdraw $40.00. Most ATM machines only provide $20.00 bills. So now there is $6.00 left.
I called NetSpend and requested the card to be canceled and the $6.00 sent to me. I was told that they could not do that but I could use an ATM to withdraw the $6.00 for a fee of $2.00. What a ripoff! So this gift of $50.00 turned out to be $40.00 which cost $19.95!!!
Don't give a Netspend gift ATM. It will cost you dearly.
More Netspend Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Netspend Corporation - netspend is so messed up! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - irs refund direct deposit do not do!! 
- [Resolved] Netspend - unauthorized transaction dispute 
- [Resolved] Netspend - account locked 
- Skylight Financial - poor customer service/high fees 
- Netspend Corporation - dispute claims
- Netspend Corporation - dispute
- Netspend Corporation - my credit card
- Netspend Corporation - disputing transactions $102.50 disputing $152.50 disputing $20.50
- Net Spend - pre paid card