Netspend Corporation / dispute

Astoria, NY, United States Review updated:

I filed for an unauthorized transaction that was done with my card and got absolutely NOWHERE. The rep I spoke to simply said "Your account is closed". So in other words, I'm loosing my money on something that I didn't do?!?! I WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING this to anyone. I'm a single mother that works hard for her money. Now thanks to this I'll be struggling till pay day comes around. Horrible service. They even said someone would call me back and still nothing till this day.

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Nov 06, 2018

We regret to hear about your recent experience with our service and your dispute claim. Please email us at [protected]@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

Netspend

• Updated by Chamita0404, Nov 06, 2018

I hope this actually works.

Ch
Nov 06, 2018

Comments

• Ca
      Dec 22, 2018

I purchased a $100.00 gift card for my 15-year-old. They allowed her to activate it, got her social security number, date of birth and home contact information. They then informed her the card was activated. However, as soon as she tried to use it, it declined. I went back to the store I purchased it from and they handled it correctly. The cashier even called NetSpend to advise of the problem and get it fixed. They told the cashier they did receive the $100.00, however, the card was canceled out until my 15- year old send them a copy of her social security card and birth certificate.

I gave NetSpend a call when I got home. I advised, that they should have asked my minor daughter to put a parent on the phone to active her card. It is against the law to do this kind of financial transaction with a minor. I thought only customers can cancel a prepaid debit card if it is not overdrawn? Maybe am wrong on that not sure. There is no way they will ever see a copy of my minor daughter, birth certificate or social security card. I asked them to re-activate the card I brought my daughter, with me, they told me they could not due to it being canceled. I gave them my NetSpend card info, my personal info and advise me there will be a $4.00 fee to transfer the funds to my card. I advised the fee should be waived due to them making the mistake of doing a business transaction with a minor. I was placed on - hold for a very long time. Then was told that they are going to mail my 15- year old a check in 7 to 10 business days.

Well, why take my personal information and try to charge me a fee if you can not even do this? Mind you two customer service rep's at NetSpend said they could. The supervisor said no.

Making out a check to a minor, who cannot cash it and even if she could why should she pay a cash checking fee? -Also, should I get paid back in cash since I paid in cash? Why the 7 to 10 business days to even get the check? They were paid today? I kept getting placed on hold, spend about 2 hours on the phone only for the Supervisor to hang up on me when she was supposed to be transferring the call.

At the end of it, my daughter could not purchase her Christmas gifts and I ended up wiping her tears. I will never use them again!!