Netspend Corporation

Posted:

NetSpend is so messed up!

4.4
First of all let me start off by saying that I have never encountered a pleasurable conversation or even close to being acceptable for that matter. The customer service reps are fearless in how they treat you omg!!

There has only been one time that I ever spoke to someone who spoke fluent english and all the rest can barely speak a lick of it first n foremost. Call for yourselves just for ### n giggles just to see what I am talking about.

Oh wait, you cant speak to a human unless you are a card holder, I forgot. So this means if you are a potential customer with questions and these questions cannot be answered by the place where the card was purchased (Because these places always say "call netspend") and if your questions cannot be answered on their little questionnaire "q&a" then you most likely will call them but you will run into a problem because the robot asks for your "card number" and if you don't punch it in, you don't speak to anyone!! Thats right!!

Now, lets just say that your card has been stolen, u must know all 16 numbers to that particular card memorized or they will not speak to you regarding this!!! Omfg!! They insist that you give your 16 digit card number at the beginning of the call no matter what the call is concerning!!! Questions!! Comments!! Do not matter!!

If you are not a card member guess how netspend claims they need to "identify the caller" folks? You guessed wrong!!! They ask for your social security number folks!!! Yes, thats right!! Your ssn!!! And your not even a card holder!!! How do I know this? Because I had some associates that had some questions and I was unable to answer them so I called netspend for them on a 3-way and we went through hell trying to get their questions answered.

I didn't feel like getting up out the bed to get my purse downstairs to get my freaking card so I can punch those digits in just so their questions could be answered but everytime we punched the option to speak with a live operator, it demands on a card number so naturally I thought to myself "what if my card was stolen" how would I get a live person? We finally got a live person after I got my card and after about 25 mins of being on hold. Amazing.

Anyways, as my friends had tried to ask their questions the rep asked for their card number and when they said they weren't customers as of yet, the rep asked for their ssn and it would only be used as a "one time" identification purpose. We were flabbergasted!!!

By the time I spoke to a supervisor they hung up and I spoke to erwin-00743 ext-5515 (I am willing to bet this isn't his name or his real ext or employee id number) he was so rude and deflected any responsibility off netspend and totally defended these other reps by saying that he was sure that the reason they were asked for their ssn was so they could pull up "their account" even though I repeated told him that they were not members. He then kept saying "well if there isn't anything else maam, i'm going to have to end this call".

Erwin had an excuse and explanation for everything and borderlined called me a liar in the beginning by saying he doubted this and that about not being able to get through without punching in the card number and then also sort of called me a liar by saying he doubted the sh*t about the ssn even though he managed to come up with what he thought would be a acceptable reason for the reps asking for their ssn.

This company is unethical. They are unprofessional & rude. And in my opinion alot of them are just plain old stupid. I mean dumb. Uneducated. Under achievers. Losers. Bums.

I am pulling everything off that little card and maying my exit. Goodbye netspend.
Complaint comments Comments (110) Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

N  14th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
In December of 20010, my apartment was broken into, and, my credit cards were one of the items stolen. Because they where back up cards, and, I was not aware that they were missing, and, I had the only activated card on me someone activated the one of the credit cards, and, preformed a transaction of $63. I received a text alert informing me that the transaction of $63. was performed but did not inform me that the card was activated. Anyway at that time, the card was reported stolen. I filed a claim, and, the claim was paid, minus $50. because they said that the person that stole the card must of had my PIN. They, Netspend, credited my account $13. All personal information was changed on the account in order to prevent further actions using the reported stolen card. Netspend assured me that the card would not be reactivated. Netspend, was receiving a direct deposit to my account, and, I made every effort in order to prefect my account. Before the payday I contacted the bank again, and, updated personal information to the account, and, again, I was informed by Netspend that the reported stolen credit card would not be reactivated again! Sure enough, in January of 2011 the stolen credit was reactivated, and, Netspend sent me a text message informing me that they had done so, and, furthermore Netspend informed me that they had given the reported stolen credit card a PIN giving the person or persons access to my account! The account was wiped out of all available funds, and, Netspend was making money off reactivating the stolen card, and, didn't seem to care about my lost. Netspend would charge my account for the reactivation, of the stolen credit card, charge the account for customer service inquire, and, assistants. I would received a text message that a deposit has been made, and, I would receive a text message that would inform me that Netspend had reactivated the reported stolen card, and, I would receive a text message that Netspend had just giving a PIN giving access to my account. Since, I running out of space I'll try to make this short!! This negligence went on from December of 2010 until May of 2011. Netspend was receive money each time they reactivated a stolen credit card, and, did not care about their customer privacy. Netspend has paid back some of the monies they taken out of the account but not all of the monies. My concerns are if Netspend can act like a bank, are they going to be held to the federal standards as a bank on giving out personal information to their depositors, and, privacies rights? When I inquired as to why this was going on I was informed that what they were doing is with in their rights, and, there was nothing that could be done about it! I refuse for that statement to be true! I want them to be held for their illegal actions. I do have records to show that what I have stated to be true, as does Netspend!! I see that their running advertisements on how they respect the privacy act, they could have fooled me? Oh they did!
A  26th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I agree 100%. Netspend has the worst customer service. I am actually on hold right now as im typing, and have been waiting for about 1 hour. I have been waiting for a direct deposit to go through for about a week now. I would LOVE to get a bunch of people together and fight against Netspend. They have gotten me SOOOOOO angry and have done some damage to me and my family financially. We have kids to support, and have not gotten paid due to Netspend holding my deposit because of a address change. The asked me to send in a piece of mail, my ID, and my SS card. So I did, and they said my funds will be available within 1 hour. It has now been 2 days!!! I called and one person said they received the info I sent and they are still processing it. I called again and this person said they have not received my info so I sent it about three more times. And yep, you guessed it, I have still not received my $$$$. It has really put a hurt on me and my family. I would do ANYTHING to get Netspend back for this. Especially after reading the complaints other customers have. Lets get all of us together, and fight back. They cant get Americans to do the customer service? That is ridiculous!!!
N  26th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
amen to that...i just got jerked by customer service rep..then cust. service reps boss..then onto the next level up. Only to say my account was closed by the bank after 5 years as a customer. on hold for half hour...no resolution..no real help and lets throw in a huge language barrier problem.
What a fun place they are. absolutely low rent.
A  10th of Jan, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Yes I have been a customer with NetSpend since 2003, I have text alerts on my phone and received a text that 521.00 was taken from my account, well I contacted customer service asap and they told me that I would have to call that merchant (although this was not my transaction) and tell them that I did not make this transaction.) I called the other company they said that it was not a charge but an authorization hold, the order was cancelled and the name and the address that the person gave did not match mine so how did it even process? I contacted NetSpend and told them what the company told me, they then said that they have to receive a fax saying it was cancelled and what it was and all that B.S. I again reminded them I did not make this transaction they should be doing all this. So I called the company back they faxed over the information on "Letter Head" as requested and NetSpend claimed they did not receive it. So the other company gave me her direct line so that she can speak with them. I called NetSpend, asked them to hold called her, and she read everything that the fax said, the date, the time they received, and then Jonathan is going to say well we did not receive it, so she asked Jonathan to tell her everything that the letter needed to say and include she then typed it on there letterhead and faxed it to him directly while he was on the phone, He told me that it can take up to 8hrs to release the hold, here we are two days later and no release. my electric is about to be shut off, my gas is about to be passed due, and this company is holding my money. I have never experience this before and never heard of a company keeping your money for a transaction that was not yours did not have the correct information and then have you contact the merchant and go through changes. I'm now in the process of a small claim lawsuit.
N  19th of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
CAJackson,

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this pending hold, if it has not already been taken care of. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will look into this.

A  5th of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I just recently was sent a netspend card to activate to get my tax refund. When I got it, I withdrew 600 for brother I owed, and then transferred $990 to my mother whom I owed. No where did they say in the same day you get your taxes and try to transfer money to your mother you owed that also had netspend account that they would put a block on your account for no good reason.Then to get it all fixed you have to have an id, ss card, current bill, etc..then fax it at your expense, and because my husband is the card holder he is the only one that can do anything and he just recently lost his license so now there is a block on the account and no way to get it off without current id..when there should of never been a block put on..they give you the option to transfer up to 1000 a day
N  12th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
I am currently on vacation with my husband and 6 kids. My husband lost his wallet the first day we were here so I went to buy another netspend card to transfer his balance to my new card. Got that straightened out but today (Tuesday Mar 12th) I went to use our new temp card at McDonald's and it was declined. When I got online to check my account it wouldn't even let me on my acct. It said to call customer service bc there was a problem with my card. I called. They put a restriction on it that can only be lifted after two days as long as I can fax a utility bill, my drivers license and ss card. Who in the hell travels with a utility bill? Now my family is stuck 12 hours from our home with no food or anyway to get home thanks to the ###ers at Netspend. I have been crying for the last hour. My husband asked to speak to a supervisor and could never get one. We have been getting the runaround from every person we speak to. They don't speak English so it's very difficult to understand any instructions they do give to us. Netspend is a big joke. They can't even say why there was a restriction placed to begin with. So my kids Spring Break has been completely ruined!!! They asked me if there was someone back home that could go into my house and find the required documents. What a ###ing bunch of ###!!!
N  12th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Makiger,

We have received your email and we are looking into this now.

A  12th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
I received the netspend card when I filed my taxes this year. When I
got my card in the mail, I also received a leaflet in the envelope
that said if I had a direct deposit of minimum $50, that I would
receive a Dining Dough Gift Certificate for $100...Great deal right?
Well, I signed up for a direct deposit of $118 PER WEEK. The leaflet
said the certificate would arrive in 3 weeks or so. Well, after about
four weeks and SEVERAL $100'S of dollars being direct deposited, I
still didn't receive anything in the mail. I call customer service.
They told me that yes I qualify and it should be there any day now. OK
thanks, I hang up and wait a few more days...which turn into weeks.
Call back again about two weeks ago. They lady tells me there is no
such thing. But after reading her the page off the website she says Oh
I'm sorry, it will be there in 7-10 days. Well, two weeks have gone by
and still NOTHING. I am currently on hold with your useless customer
service representative who keeps telling me that I am wrong and that
there is NO SUCH THING! I read her the website and she says OH then it
will be there in 7-10 days...I said OH NO HOLD ON A SECOND, let me
speak to your supervisor. She insists that her supervisor can call me
back during business hours tomorrow. I say no, I would like to speak
to someone now. After putting me on hold for upwards of 20 minutes she
comes back on the line stating that her name is "Sam" and she is the
supervisor. I told her that I am NOT stupid and that I would like to
speak to her supervisor. She insists that oh she is the supervisor and
that the reason why she sounds the same is because she is using the
same phone. I was on the phone with her for over 47 minutes and she
kept repeating the same thing over and over. I have since hung up and
called back to get someone different.

She told me that Netspend is not doing that promotion. Well, if you
aren't doing the promotion, then how did I GET THE LEAFLET WITH MY
CARD?!?!?!?
I would just like to receive what I was promised from your company.
I don't think that it's fair that I'm trusting my money with a company
whose employees DARE call me a liar. And then turn around and FLAT OUT
LIE TO ME!
N  13th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
MrsMiller54,

We are looking into this for you and will get back with you.

A  25th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am VERY upset with NETSPEND and will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau, I had also tried to contact your corporate offices and will continue to do so until I receive some resolution. I DID NOT authorize any the transactions that occurred on my account to Direct TV and I called in yesterday on the phone to try and speak with someone and got someone who claims his name was Johnny-ID 55270 or 55278 and he was VERY nasty and rude. He told me that I claimed that it was an unauthorized transaction but I gave Direct TV my card so legally that made it an authorized payment and that was NOT the case. I DID NOT authorize this payment at any time to come off of my card. He told me what did I expect, I made the payment and he would not listen to anything that I was saying. He did not validate me as a customer and he treated me horribly. I then asked for a manager and he had me on hold for 30 minutes, came back to the phone and changed his voice as if though he was someone else. He then told me his name was Jmar ID 5527070 and I told him I knew that he was one and the same. As we talked longer, he lost the fake voice and was speaking the same. I will NEVER recommend anyone to this company and am removing my funds. Your Customer Service needs an Undercover Boss visit or something. I will report this to everyone and put all on the internet. I cannot believe that you would allow someone access to my account and to take from my card...its as if though you are with them. HORRIBLE service and this isn't the first incident. I gave you another chance and still the same. Also, I STILL don't have my money back on my card.
N  25th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
We apologize for the problems you have experienced with our service and your transaction with Direct TV.

We would like the opportunity to assist you with this and we request that you send your information to feedback@netspend.com. We will get back with you as soon as possible.

N  25th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
Okay first of all... i am constantly being charged for every time i use the card and for when i pull money off my card and i am not supposed to be charged for that withdrawl at all. 2ND OF ALL, YOU GUYS DO NOT HAVE ANY WAY FOR ANY OF US AT ALL TO BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE INTERNET AT ALL. AND ON TOP OF THAT WHEN YOU DO GET AHOLD OF SOMEONE YOU GET TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF THE WEBSITE BEING DOWN AND THAT THE WEBSITE IS UP AND RUNNIN AND ITS NOT AND THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO USE NETSPEND AND WE JUST WANT THE PROBLEM TO BE FIXED ANOTHER THING I GET SSI AND MY BROTHER DOES ALSO DD ON OUR CARDS. I RECEIVED MINE AND HE NEVER RECEIVED HIS SSI. I THOUGHT THAT WHEN YOU GET SSI EVERYONE WHO GETS SSI AND HAS IT DEPOSITED ON THE CARD GETS THAT THE SAME DAY UNLESS IM MISTAKEN SO COULD YOU PLEASE CLEAR THAT UP FOR ME BECAUSE I GUESS I AM NOT ON THE SAME KEY WITH YOU SO MAKE IT SWEET SIMPLE AND TO THE POINT THANKS
D  5th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
Hey guys ! Sorry but ithink NetSpend
Is a great Company !
I have spoke with one of their agents
Yesterday and found out that NetSpend is really
An interesting Company .

My friend ask me why NetSpend Need to
Ask for their Ssn, id etc... Bla bla bla
And ask it to one of the agents located at austin
She said its for security verification
We all know that NetSpend is a
Financial Institution so money is involved there
They ask for ssn for them to easily find your account
If you lost your card to mark it as lost and send a new one for you
And its for free so that you will still stay with their company
Other docs is requested and its for Account verification
We all know about the identity theft right ?
So that is their protection to our account to
Validate if you are the right person or not .

Ive been a NetSpend user since 2008
I have experienced rude agents but not all of them are like that
One example is Mr. ****** and i dont remember his last name
He helped me a lot with my account issue
Bec i recieved a text from them that i should call
Customer service to check about my pending deposit
So i called them he answered the phone and assist me
Ive been so rude to him when he said that there is a block on my account
Resulting for my account to be frozen.
I dont listen to what he say speak too much
But in the end he made me happy with
The solution he provide.

If there is a chance that i can meet him i will be thankful to
Him and sorry for what ive said .
That conversation made me realize that
I have choosed the right company to
Handle my money.
I know there are ups and downs with
This company but if you know how NetSpend Works
Well you'll be happy to stick with them !

Keep it up NetSpend !
I will promote your company to all of my other friends not
Using your service !
A  4th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
This is amazing how many customer's have been cheated out of their money. This is a card that was suggested by turbo tax. How sad, as I will not be using turbo tax anymore. But I am curios, has anyone notice, you are charged 1$ for every signature and 2$ for pin usage. So far, I have racked up 150 in a months time just for using the card. The customer service is horrible. There has got to be a way where we can get a class action lawsuit going.
N  5th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
i got a netspend card to pay my student loan. i authorized the payment to go out monthly. the doe collection agency sent me a letter every month may 2014 thru jan 2015 saying thank you for your payment. today they called me and told me i was in default, that netspend had denied payment. i checked my account online and found that i had enough money in it to make the payment and that they had only disbursed 2 payments and had begun charging me $5.95 acct maintenance fee monthly for the past six months. i spent at least half hour on the phone with a netspend rep whom i had trouble understanding and could only read the same screen i was reading at home back to me. i then sat on hold for at least half hour waiting for her supervisor. i hung up and wrote them a letter. i want to know why netspend did not disburse authorized payments and why and when they began denying the request. i signed up for email notification and never received a mail from them about it. (i also want to know why the doe sent me letters saying the payment was made for 9 months when they only received 2 months from netspend-- but that's another sad american business story.)
N  11th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Netspend is holding my money their telling me that my card isn't blocked but I can't make purchases online neither can I make purchases in store these guys are rip offs thieves and crooks that need to be shut down...
N  27th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
We regret to hear that you have been unable to use your card. There could be a few different reasons why this is happening. Please contact us at feedback@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed.

A  26th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am also a, new user and feel like I just got robbed of 300$ I got a new card and it was immediately blocked. I was told they needed to verify my identity. Which by the way was confirmed in store when purchasing the card. Then I sent in my ID and proof of residency and that is still not enough. I'm so upset. I'm a single BROKE mother who now has no access to MY own money. I'm not asking for a credit card. This is a pre paid card. This is morally wrong. I can't cancel the card and get my money back. So basically netspend just made 300$
N  2nd of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I went to an ACE Cash Express last week. I hadn't used my ACE Card in quite some time, however, in the past I have done the same, and it was still activated for my use when I was able to use it again. Well, I went to reload, and was told I could not. No real reason at all. It just said, we are having problems, and I had to contact the Corporate Office. And that many people are having to fax their identification and social security card. Okay fine. But when I wanted to load other cards at this Dallas ACE CASH EXPRESS Store off Live Oak St., why would it not allow me to load other debit cards that were not affiliated with my NETSPEND card, when they were not with them. I was told that because of my Netspend card, I was not able to load any of my other cards. This was really hard for me, because if I wanted to pay for my electric bill and phone minutes on line or through my phone, I was and am clearly unable to do so because of this. I immediately went online, because I didn't have enough minutes to hold on line for a customer service representative; this was one of the purposes of me needing to reload, is to acquire minutes for such lengthy wait in using my pre-paid phone. So, when I got online and put in my password, it would not take it. I thought if I had an password that Netspend gave me and forgot it, than surely they would have a link like "FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD, " and would help me attain another and send it to my email. There was no such thing or way of me getting it or with anyone. So now, I'm at the mercy of whoever to help me in obtaining access to my ACE CARD, in reloading it again. And I still would like to know why my other cards were not able to be reloaded at that ACE EXPRESS Store. Thank you for whatever you can provide. My email is dorothy.burch04@gmail.com.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree