Nebraska Furniture Mart / terrible customer service

1 Plano, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-336-9136

About three weeks ago, my wife and I purchased a bed set and paid with cash. We were told that delivery would take about a week and a half. Approximately a week and a half and the our bed was delivered right on time. Here is when our troubles began. My wife calls me a work to say that the delivery people could not assemble the bed because a bolt was stripped and not holding which was dangerous. He called who ever he had to call to and my wife was told that no one could come back out for a week! After many phone calls, they finally agreed to have new parts out in two days. Great! Until I got home and found out that not only was the bolt stripped but the wood on my new bed was also damaged by the installers trying to put it together. So I call NFM to explain that it's more than just the bolts and I was hurriedly told they were sending new parts. Needless to say, when the truck arrives in two days with the new parts, the only new parts they had was what the installer told them originally. When I showed them the additional damage, they had to call to see what could be done. I was told that I would receive a call from the office. I received a call the next day to tell me that they could not get anyone back out to my home for a week! A week! Are you kidding me? It gets worse, when I questioned why it would be a week after I already waited for the original delivery and received damaged parts not to mention the damage the delivery people caused trying to put the bed together and after they sent over new parts (in two days) but not all they parts that were required, now they wanted me to wait yet another week? His reply was that they couldn't find a driver who wants to come out as far as my home was located but they would have their standard truck in the area a week later. I thought the delivery people work for NFM (even if subcontracted). They go where they are told, or so I thought! After much time spent on the phone arguing why I should have to wait a week, the guy tells me that he will speak with someone and call me back. Needless to say, I never got a call back from him. A couple of days later, I get an automatic call telling that my furniture will arrive on a date, a week later! Pissed, I call the number provided and get a recording that I was calling during high volume time and all representatives are busy. So now it's a week out and tomorrow they are suppose to come with all the new parts and put my bed together. If it's not fixed, constructed properly, and useable tomorrow when I get home, they can take everything back and refund my money. Horrible customer service.

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Nebraska Furniture Mart

Hv
Jul 15, 2015

Comments

• Al
      27th of Mar, 2018

Purchase this mattress on 11/13/2008 and now have an impression that makes you feel like you have to roll up a hill when trying to turn over. They informed me that the test showed the mattress to be within spec. This is the test, they stretch a string across the bed from the left to right side and measure the distance from the mattress to the string. This is done in three places, next the inspector press down on the mattress to represent a person laying in bed. This is a false test because the inspector cannot get the same results as a 215 lb person laying in bed. I have been told that I must sleep like this until the mattress shows a depression of 1 1/2 inches in depression. $1342.00 spent on a piece of crap in my book. AIRELOOM does not and along with Sit'n Sleep understand what customer satisfaction is nor do they care. I have been told that this is California law on how to determine if a mattress is defected. Buyer's be aware that the first thing they look for is any type of stain on the mattress if they find one you have NO WARRANTY. Warranty from mattress company is not worth the paper they print it on.

• Al
      27th of Mar, 2018

I didn't write the above popst