Navy Federal Credit Union / don't ever do business with them

They were a good company 30 years ago, but certainly not now. Their personnel now are rude and hateful when you call asking about your account.

After all the usual, "making sure you're the right person", they have cut me off, re-routed me to another person, and cut me off again. You have to go through an ungodly amount of menus to get back to the right dept... Just to be cut off again.

I even had one person say to me, "you're taking up someone else's phone time" when I asked about my account.

I agree... Don't ever do business with them. We quit them after over 30 years and are glad we did.

Va

Comments

• Wh
      25th of Jan, 2009

I think you are wrong. All of my family members are longtime members and my father signed me up as a teenager. I have tried to do business with other financial institutions just to expand on what I already have with Navy Federal, but I have NEVER found another bank/credit union that can compete with Navy Fed. I have always found the phone agents to be friendly and willing to help, but I rarely need to call because I make use of their online banking. The only people I know that have had issues with Navy Federal are people who don't want to pay their bills, are not savvy enough to understand the technology utilized by the credit union, or just don't take responsibility for their own accounts.

• Pe
      16th of Apr, 2009

I agree with the above commenter.

• Bj
      14th of May, 2009

I totally agree...they are not consistant in their business and defiantely not professional. They make you feel like your taking up there time. Bounce you from one to another and still you never get the assist you need. Cold as Ice! In my 55 years I have never seen a bank stay in business like this. How do they get away with it?