Natures ACAI Berry / Unauthorized Credit Card Charge

Phone: 1 800 983 7968

Natures-Acai Berry Complaints - Unauthorized credit card charge

I received a sample/trial of this produce at a small charge of 4.99 on Feb.4, 2009 and cancelled all trial terms on Feb. 10, 2009, which was within the 14 day free-trial period. I received 3 different cancellation confirmation numbers from the rep and she ASSURED me that I wouldn't see a charge on my credit card. This March 09, 2009 an unauthorized charge appeared on my credit card for $85.91 from Natures Acai. I called and spoke with a SUPERVISOR who told me that the monthly charge was never cancelled! Supposedly, this time it is cancelled, and of course I received ANOTHER confirmation number.

Jk

Comments

• Li
      9th of Mar, 2009

I was taken for an idiot when I ordered a FREE trial sample of the Acai Berry diet pills. After I ordered the first trial sample, I didn't "call to cancel my monthly plane" which i NEVER AGREED TO and was then continuously charged for two months another 69.99 for more bottles of pills which I never ordered!! When I called customer service. They began to yell at me, and insult me telling me that I did not know how to manage my own money or my bank account. The agent told me that I had to wait till he was finished before I could talk. They were RUDE AND HORRENDOUSLY INSULTING. I want my 140.00 back!

• Co
      10th of Mar, 2009

Lin,

On behalf of Nature's Acai Berry, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication of the nature of our risk free trial offer of the acai berry supplement. With so many health benefits, including increasing energy, burning fat, and reducing the signs of aging, the company and its affiliates offers an amazing product! All of the terms are fully disclosed to any and all of our valued customers and thus customers, for whom satisfaction is assumed, agree to a continued membership upon sign-up. This elite membership includes the automatic shipping and billing of your new supply of Nature's Acai Berry to save you the inconvenience of having to reorder by phone! If you have since changed your mind, remember that you have the option of canceling your orders at any time by contacting our helpful customer service representatives at the number listed on our site (1-800-983-7968). Your satisfaction is our number one concern, so feel free to contact us to resolve any issues. Thank you and have a great day!

• Jc
      31st of Mar, 2009

The responses "on behalf of Nature's Acai Berry" are ludicrous. They don't address the issues concerning the poor customer service that the person writing in to complain about received. The health "benefits" claimed are bogus, and are all in the mind of the user. The Acai Berry "beverage, " claims to be about $40 a bottle, and yet this Nature's Acai Berry costs about $86 a month. The costs are not disclosed up front and the product is "sold" by inducing people to give out their credit card number in order to take advantage of a "free trial, " obligating the consumer to a negative option clause contract that is buried in the fine print under the Terms and Conditions section. The claims that Oprah and Rachael Ray endorse this product are false and are stated as such at their websites. If the Acai Berry pills are so helpful, why not buy them from a GNC or other recognized health food store instead of going through all this negative option cancellation nonsense? In addition, GNC and others charge far less than $86 for a supply of these Acai Berry pills and consumers don't know ahead of time, when they order online what they're getting, if it even shows up. One thing's for certain, and that is, that you're credit card will be charged early and often, something not as likely to happen at a GNC or similar store.