National Magazine Exchange / unrequested magazines and charges

Sweepstakes - this should be illegal. I was told I would get magazines to try for three months. I said I didn't want them and was talked into "just" trying them for three months. As she was ending the call, she said I'm also throwing in...blah blah blah. What I got was magazines I never heard of nor would I order: Vixen, Latino, etc. Now I'm being charged hundreds of dollars. When I just called, Jerrald #49151 rudely told me I ordered them and paid for them and there was nothing to do. He said "Well you got what you paid for" I demanded to speak to a supervisor-- Charlene --of course, she was not there. He said he was in charge. He wanted to know what my credit card number was -- why??? they obviously have it cause I can't stop them from charging me.
I demanded to talk to someone else. He put me on hold and told me to fax my statements to Hazel Bishop for refund if they damed so. I don't know where the company is to turn into the BBB.
Does anyone know where this company is located?

A  11th of May, 2007 by
The address is

National Magazine Exchange
16120 US Highway 19 N Ste 400
Clearwater, FL 33764-5748
Telephone: (800) 235-3630
Fax: (727) 524-4667

Talk to your credit card company and Contest the charges.
A  22nd of Sep, 2007 by
Hi there. This is ### and i know it. I do not know where bbb is located but can you tell me if there is a way to block them from my account? They have already scammed me of the $67 dollars after they agreed with me that it was a free trial. Please please please get back a.s.a.p.

Thanks so much,
A  27th of Mar, 2008 by
I live with my parents and a sweepstakes prize notice came in the mail to my father. He asked me to call about it for him. Boy, what a mistake!! The person I talked to talked so fast and started telling me about these magazines that I could try as a free trial. I told them that we weren't interested in most of the ones they were offering, so they kindly started listing a bunch more. At the end of the call I understood that the cost would be $7.60 per month. When my mother got her bank statement it was $67.60, I called and told them I would like to cancel the subscription to all the magazines and they said we had ordered them. I was put on hold and the person came back on and told me that he had been given special permission to just charge my mother's account for $67.60 for two months and that was all and we would still receive the magazines. I told him we didn't want them, we hadn't heard of several of them either, but he said we did order them.

I'm just thankful one of my parents didn't call, it's hard to tell what they would have talked them into buying as a "FREE TRIAL" I'm stilling trying to get the magazines stopped and get some money back. If anyone has any ideas to try please let me know.

A  9th of Oct, 2008 by
This is a link to the Clearwater BBB;

I would strongly advise to request a new Credit or Debit Card number from your bank. NME WILL
use your CC info whether or not you give them permission.
A  21st of May, 2009 by
You can't get your money back that I know of but you can "freeze" your account to stop them from charging you $67 a month. Of course they'll send you to "collections" although I question whether they even send you to a legimate collection agency. Hope this helps.
N  12th of Dec, 2010 by
Why are Americans so gullible? The minute I saw this envelope, I knew it was a scam. The minute I opened it it confirmed that it was a scam. Yet, people see the dollar signs and make the call. People... get real! "Why is it that Darryl and his other brother Darryl are always the ones standing in the lottery line?" - DaveRamsey.com

National Magazine Exchange Logo National Magazine Exchange