VIP Readers Service Logo

VIP Readers Service

Having problems with VIP Readers Service?

VIP Readers Service reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 21, 2010. The latest review Magazines was posted on May 18, 2020. The latest complaint Contract that you do not understand or sign was resolved on Apr 11, 2012. VIP Readers Service has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 20 reviews. VIP Readers Service has resolved 4 complaints.

VIP Readers Service Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with VIP Readers Service Customer Service. Initial VIP Readers Service complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for VIP Readers Service above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about VIP Readers Service. Discuss the issues you have had with VIP Readers Service and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

VIP Readers Service Complaints & Reviews

VIP Readers ServiceMagazines

In 2018 I was called by this company and pitched sale of magazines at a "great discount". So I was told that I could sign up for 5 magazines and pay something like 39.99 a month. If I didn't like the magazines I could cancel those and change them out for different magazines. I understood that the 39.99 would cover them for 2 years and I could cancel anytime. I changed some of my magazines but realize now that instead of being told that they were adding on each magazine I changed instead of including them in my 2 year plan. This is a company that does business from a PO Box so that should tell you something. Today I called for a payoff on my account and was told that the payoff is $534.68. What a rip-off. Do not do business with this company. They are scammers.

VIP Readers ServiceOnline billing

This is the story. I was originally contacted and conned into taking subscriptions to a few magazines that, in all honesty, I don't want AT ALL.

However, I took them, and, I've been making payments online every month since then, and, no longer get a paper bill (less landfill and all). Because of that, I also don't know my nine digit account number. I've been registered to do this online since January of this year, and, never had a problem until now.

I get a message saying that my email account is in error.

How can this be? I've been getting emails to this same account for several years, and, I can assure you that it's not an error. So, I will give you my email address here:

[protected]@gmail.com

Because this is the last day of the month, and, the bill is due tomorrow (October 1), I cannot make this payment. If you finally wake up and allow this email address to let me get into my account, I will gladly send you this month's blood money for magazines that I don't want and don't read.

If you decide that that's too much, then send me a paper bill, and, I will re-register with my account number. Otherwise, I will not, no matter how much you threaten to put it into collection, try to pay this bill. If you start threatening me, I will contact the Better Business Bureau and put pressure on you so tight you'll wish you'd done as I asked, and, not give me any more problems.

I look at it like this. Seeing as how I conned into paying for unwanted magazines for the two years starting this past January, I would still be paying you until January of 2021. In fact, I will circle the date of January 20, 2021 as the date I no longer have to pay for this dis-service and it will also be the day that we say good-bye to the Great Orange Toddler, and, he goes back to his gaudy tower in Manhattan.

Jun 08, 2019

VIP Readers Service — The vip readers service has been scamming me

Hello, I received a call from VIP Readers Service about around March of 2019 claiming I was entered into a...

VIP Readers Service — Vip readers

So when I first moved into my new house I got a call from VIP readers. They try to get me to do this and They...

VIP Readers ServiceContract scam

I, too, was told that I could cancel this service at anytime. And could look at and change my magazine choice at anytime. Neither is true and customer service can't get much ruder. The quality of magazines isn't good and the choices of magazines are slim, and many unheard of. I don't know if I need to call the attorney generals' office or what I need to do.

VIP Readers Service — I told them to stop sending me magazines/calling. I lost my job.

I just lost my job told the operators that. They keep calling and mailing me magazines that I can no longer...

VIP Readers ServiceMagazines ordered are incorrect

In February 2018, I got a call regarding a magazine subscription. I wanted the Star magazine, I have cognitive problems and like the crossword in the Star
        I was immediately charged 39.90 and had to pick additional magazines. I received a letter from VIP that the publisher won't let me subscribe to Star because I already do. I have never had one. They reinstated it. I was charged another 39.90, having not received any magazines. The variety puzzles were too hard so I changed to OK magazine. I got People magazine which my sister who lives with me already gets. They sent me easier variety puzzles., not requested, which are too difficult for my brain condition. I have been getting nasty calls. I will never receive Star, it is no longer available. I have paid $120 for 14 magazines, almost 9 apiece. They said I keep paying and the issues will continue after 48 months. I may be dead by then. I am on disability and was scammed. I have good credit and shouldn't get to collections. I did not get what I ordered. They also can cancel a magazine at will. HELP

VIP Readers ServiceMagazines

I tried to cancel probably 5 minutes after I hung up with the rep. I felt trapped by this Rep. When I hung up I calculated the cost and immediately called back I was told I cannot cancel. I've never heard of ANY company where you are trapped into something you cannot get out of. I feel we all should see if there is a lawyer who will look into this. It doesn't sound legal. I've been paying these people since early last year. You know they trap the vulnerable. The fact that we cannot cancel I don't get it.

Magazines

VIP Readers Service — I signed up in oct 24 months ago and i've never received a magazine from this company.

I signed up with the Vip Readers Service on Oct 28 2015; I have never received any magazines from thi...

VIP Readers ServiceMagazine purchase

After listening to the pitch and be promised entry for a prize drawing in a moment of weakness and good conversation I agreed to purchase some magazines. They kept having to repeat back and re-record confirmation of the order because the amounts and payment schedule was confusing. I'm sure they could splice together any bits from the recording to sound like I agreed to everything. I got off the phone and regretted it. After I got the first notice and watch I reached out to cancel. I emailed several times. I got one response that said basically they cannot undue the commitments they make to the publishers and I was obligated for 4 years. I would have NEVER made an obligation that long. In the meantime, some unexpected medical situations in our family took priority. I received a call after getting a few of the magazines. They had gotten payment from our credit card. We called the credit card company and declined future payments. Now they call and call. I only took one call - I told them I was sorry but there would be no future payments. My credit is solid and I feel this is a scam. Who does this without offering the customer options to cancel? Unethical. I am registering this complaint and will not be making payments due to other life priorities.

VIP Readers ServiceVip readers' service is a scam

I have been scammed, what was explained to me was that I would get a charged 39.99 for some magazines which I did pay the end of July 2017 and I I was told the magazines will be delivered by the end of August 2017, I never received them. I tried calling vip readers with in the 10 days to stop delivery due to understanding it is a scam but customer service never answered me with in that 10 days. I finally got through after the 10 days when the rep told me magazines will be delivered 1st Sep 2017(another month again) now they telling me 1st November 2017 but harassing me for payment with out product. A supervisor Brandy dealt with me who they are now saying never worked there. She gave me her desk #[protected] which she never answers. Now Tanya told me that i cannot cancel and that i was obligated to pay the 39.99 for 24 more payments. I was also never told that i could not cancel this subscription. I asked the rep to let me hear the recording of our so call agreement, but the yet to to let me hear it.

VIP Readers Service — Cancellation of service.

I spoke with a 'service rep.' today to verify my account was cancelled. I had received 2 email messages that...

VIP Readers Service — Unethical behaviour

I was contacted by VIP reader services and told about 4 magazines that I could receive for a one time fee of...

VIP Readers Service — Magazines

My 78 year old mother was contacted by telephone by vip readers services and conned into a 4 year...

VIP Readers Service — Big marketing scam

1. Was contacted via phone. Was given great special rate on magazines 10 for 19.95 a month for one year. I...

Vip Readers ServicesThey didn't send magazines and impossible to reach the supervisor

I was contacted by the rep from the company VIP Readers Services. They offered me to subscribe for the 5 magazines and would cost me only $35.99 per months. I agreed and asked if I could cancel it at any time. The rep told “yes”, so after that I only paid money, but didn’t get anything from them. I called them and asked to provide the supervisor, but I heard only fake promises that he would call me soon. And nothing. Don’t believe them and don’t subscribe for this fake offer.

Magda Oct 26, 2013

I signed up for Vip Readers Services few months ago but now when I lost my job I couldn’t afford to pay for the subscription anymore. I emailed them and asked for refund but was told that no refunds are possible. What a rip off, it should always be possible to get the money back for the part of the service that you haven’t received yet. Avoid this rip off company.

VIP Readers Service — Contract that you do not understand or sign

I made the mistake of getting caught up in the VIP Magazine Service. Ever so often I get a call and they want...

VIP Readers.netCannot reach company with questions

I have not been able to reach this company - there is no phone number on the billing and I would like to cancel publication - I believe this is a scam. I no longer own the business and have no use for the magazines.

I also cannot contact them by their email address.

Please advise.

Thank you.

VIP Readers Service — Scam

VIP readers what a crock of ###. They say you enter a contract over the phone an can't send a copy of...

VIP Readers Service — Contract scam

I have been scammed, what was explained to me was that i would get a bill of 39.99 for some magazines and if...