National Fitness Financial / Fraud Collections

National Fitness Financial uses scare tactics to collect money.

I received a phone call this morning from a Marcus Mendez from some unnamed lawyer's office (a google search does not bring up any lawyer's, just complaints) telling me a National BANK in Utah I had received financing from was suing me in Federal court for 1674.25. Of course, if I wanted the Federal case dropped, I could pay just 674.25 (what I apparently owe minus court costs). They advised I send in my new address so I can be served my Federal Court papers, as failure to appear for a lawsuit would result in my arrest.

As I have never received financing from a bank, I began questioning this crook. Turns out, he represents National Fitness Financial, which is NOT a bank. So representing them as one is fraud. More research also shows that even if they sue me, it is NOT a Federal case. It would be civil. So obviously I cannot be arrested. I got tangled up with them through the Zoo Health Club. Big mistake on my part. Horrible gym, horrible company.

Hard to take a company seriously when they can't even tell the truth during collections.

Ka
May 12, 2015

Comments

• Je
      2nd of Nov, 2015

He just called me today. I was a member at the zoo in lake worth. What was your outcome of the case. I can not believe this