National Fitness Financial / Fraud Collections
National Fitness Financial uses scare tactics to collect money.
I received a phone call this morning from a Marcus Mendez from some unnamed lawyer's office (a google search does not bring up any lawyer's, just complaints) telling me a National BANK in Utah I had received financing from was suing me in Federal court for 1674.25. Of course, if I wanted the Federal case dropped, I could pay just 674.25 (what I apparently owe minus court costs). They advised I send in my new address so I can be served my Federal Court papers, as failure to appear for a lawsuit would result in my arrest.
As I have never received financing from a bank, I began questioning this crook. Turns out, he represents National Fitness Financial, which is NOT a bank. So representing them as one is fraud. More research also shows that even if they sue me, it is NOT a Federal case. It would be civil. So obviously I cannot be arrested. I got tangled up with them through the Zoo Health Club. Big mistake on my part. Horrible gym, horrible company.
Hard to take a company seriously when they can't even tell the truth during collections.
More National Fitness Financial Complaints & Reviews
- National Fitness Financial - Fraudulent billing practices 
- Premier Ladies Fitness / National Fitness - Unable to terminate membership although I have provided sufficient requirements 
- Premier Fitness / Premier Ladies Fitness / National Fitness - Whatever you do, DON'T join PLF! 
- Ladies Work Out Express - National Fitness Centers - It is a complete rip off that you join, and then hours are reduced! 
- National Fitness Center - Scam charges
- National Fitness Financial Systems - They hold your money 
- National Fitness - Billing beyond membership contract
- National Fitness - Customer service / account
- National Fitness - Was not allowed to speak with a supervisor and was told a supervisor would not call me back
- National Fitness Financial - cancelled contract still taking money out of my checking account