National Fitness Logo

National Fitness

Having problems with National Fitness?

PO Box 497
Layton, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with National Fitness.

Complaints & Reviews

National Fitness Financialwon't stop billing credit card

I have fulfilled my 1 year contract for a personal trainer. I do have a copy of the contract but my copy is so faint that I cannot read it. I was informed by my gym that the contract is automatically renewed. I didn't have a clue this would happen. I sent a certified letter and have proof of delivery. When I call the company they say they have 30 days after receiving the letter to cancel the contract. My credit card has been charged for 2 months of services I did not receive even though I cancelled my membership and have put the transactions in dispute. Should I just close my credit card? I am so aggravated. I like the gym and I really didn't want to cancel my membership with the gym, only the personal trainer contract.

• Jikari Jul 07, 2009

As far as the charges are concerned, contact your bank and dispute the charges.

As for the membership, I would return to the gym with all the information you have, and request a copy of your original contract. Even if your contract is faded, they should have a copy at the gym also.

If worse comes to worse, ask to speak with a Manager.

• Je
      Jean Mensendick Oct 28, 2009

I am pursuing a complaint against National Fitness Financial for fraudulent consumer practices. I am following the guidelines set out by the Attorney General in my state, Colorado. I suggest that all of you do the same. It is likely I will have to end up working with the Federal Trade Commission as the company is based in Utah. National Fitness practices clearly violates Colorado law and it may violate your state's law also. Log onto your Attorney General's web page and start taking matters into your own hands. If we all act we can put a stop to this so that others do not have this aggravation. Grass Roots Work!
      Jean M. Evergreen Colorado

• Ke
      kelleyD Dec 18, 2009

They did the same to me. I canceled my card and next thing I know, it's on my credit report. 2 years later, I'm still fighting with them. They don't get any easier to deal with, and they don't get any nicer either. My complaint with them is the following:
      I signed a 2 year contract with Ladies Workout Express. A year or so later, I accepted a job in another state and went to Ladies Workout Express to cancel my membership. I signed some forms and was told that I had to give 30 days notice, so I should see one more automatic payment come out of my account. Three automatic payments later, I finally closed that bank account because they wouldn't stop taking my payments. Further, the gym has since closed, and Fitness Financial has now put on my credit report that I owe them $120. I called them to work out the details and they claim I never terminated my contract. Later, in the same conversation, they claimed that I sent them a letter terminating my contract but that my account had already gone to collections by then. I explained to them that I could prove when I moved out of state, and they said that since it's in collections, that doesn't matter anymore. So, I asked if they'd lower the payment amount, even though it's technically them that owes me money, not the other way around. I just want it off my credit report. She put me on hold, then came back and said I could pay them $80 to make it all go away. I offered $50 and explained to them that I have already paid them far more money than they were entitled to. She told me that the $80 is no longer valid and neither is the $120. She said my price has gone up, but she wouldn't tell me how much. I asked to speak to her manager, but she told me her manager doesn't take phone calls. I asked if her manager would return my call. She said she might, but it would take 7-14 days. She wouldn't tell me the manager's name or the manager's boss's name, either. She told me that if I want to get this taken care of, that she is the only person I can talk to.

National Fitness Centerscam charges

First of all, I walked into the Spring Hill, TN Location after I got off work around 8pm (they close at 10) and Nadine didn't seem too happy to sign me up because she actually TOLD ME she wanted to go home.

Second, AFTER I had signed a RIDICULOUS 3 year contract, I was told I could have signed 1 year for only $4 more a month. That certainly put a bad taste in my mouth... I did not work out that evening and went home to sleep on it. I read over my contract more carefully and noticed I could cancel within 3 days...

Third problem, I went back the next morning around 9am and told them that I had changed my mind and would like to cancel. Rob told me that I had to send a letter to home office via certified mail along with a $20 administration fee in order to cancel (that was not stated in the contract).

Fourth, after the company received the letter and admin fee and the contract was voided, they still felt the need to charge my account for the first month)

Here is the letter I wrote to them:

To whom it may concern:

I canceled my membership within the 3 day period and was told by Rob in Spring Hill to request in my 'Certified mail' letter that the account on file be billed for the (ridiculous) $20 so-called administrative fee. That did not happen and I received a bill. I paid that immediately, and yet was still charged for the first month's membership payment.

Long story short, I am currently out $77.90 because of your company and I was not even a member for 24 hrs. I never even used your facilities.

-$15 for the scan-in card that I never used and will never use.
    -$20 for the 'administrative fee'.
    -$3 for the letter that just HAD to be sent via certified mail to cancel my membership. (My contract could have just been thrown away and all of this trouble would have been saved for the next victim.)
    -$39.90 for the first month that was NOT authorized to be taken out.

Yes, I understand I signed a contract, but I canceled that less than 24 hrs later. You all had no right to dip into my bank account and take away nearly $40.

When I called to complain, I was told I would have to wait 30 days for only the $39.90 to be returned to my account. This is simply NOT acceptable as the contract was voided well before this was taken from my account.

I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and need MY money back within the next 7 days to put towards the expenses associated with that. If it is not returned in that time, you will hear from my lawyer for the full $77.90 your greedy company has put me out.

Premier Ladies Fitness / National Fitness — unable to terminate membership although I have provided sufficient requirements

Back in February a friend and I signed up for a gym membership at Premier Ladies Fitness. Being Military...

Ladies Work Out Express - National Fitness Centers — it is a complete rip off that you join, and then hours are reduced!

I cancelled my membership at the Yorba Linda Ladies Work Out Express, and followed all the National Fitne...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices