mylife.com / scam networking site

These guys are not a true networking site. They send out phishing emails to get information, hack into address books to make it appear that someone you know is looking for you when they're not and buy up mailing lists including those from the credit card companies and marketing companies. They are not a legitimate networking site. Steer clear of these people. They also try to make a connection to who you are related to violating privacy and protection. Consumers ought to be afraid of companies like this. With online scams and violent people in this world someone may come calling you or knocking at your door that has no business looking for you as a result of a website like www.mylife.com. Mylife.com through a Federal order should be shut down.

Comments

11th of Sep, 2009

am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM . I am interested in their practices as it relates to the unauthorized SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Pending my review, consideration of legal action shall be evaluated. I located your complaint from a google search of all those complaining about reunion.com and my life.com . Any information you may provide would be helpful so as for me to understand the issues, but response should not be considered as developing an attorney-client relationship. I merely need to obtain information.

Here's a few questions:

1) were you enticed to visit reunion.com after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join reunion.com?

2) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly reunion.com was going to do to your email address book?

3) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join reunion.com after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

4) how has your involvement damaged your reputation or any finacial losses?
    So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,
    valentine v nebuad
    simon v adzilla

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
    malleylaw@gmail.com"

Please feel free to contact me in confidence to discuss any issues. As noted at this point I am merely researching and discussing complaints to determine if there is any allegations of merit.
    Thanks
    Attorney Joe Malley

email me back at: malleylaw@gmail.com