M&T Bank / Forms of ID
I recently moved from New Jersey to Buffalo and wanted to open a local bank account (I'm with PNC in NJ). When I went to M&T in Buffalo, they wouldn't accept my NJ Driver's license as a form of ID. Never before has my NJ license been refused as a form of ID! In fact it's a holographic license and everyone needs to show either a passport or birth certificate just to get a NJ license. I had to go home to get my passport and go back to open the account.
Also, when I was opening the account, the branch manager specifically said there were no fees to transfer money between banks. It turns out I was lied to and there is a $3 fee for everytime I send money from M&T to another bank electronically.
More M&T Bank Complaints & Reviews
- M&T Bank - Insuffiecent funds! 
- M&T Bank - Scam and cheating 
- M&T Bank - Legitimate insufficient funds! 
- M&T Bank - cashing an M&T CK @ THEIR BANK 
- M&T Bank - Unlawful foreclosure threatening! 
- M&T Bank Corporation - my auto loan 110-001-4813930-0001 jeep wrangler
- M & T Bank - unprofessional bank teller
- M & T Bank - banking fraud
- M&T Bank Corporation - m&t enables identity theft
- M&T Bank Corporation - mortgage