Mr. Lube / over charging or price gouging.

1 West Bank, kelowna BC, Canada

I took my vehicle (2001 ford Escape) for an oil change at your store #236 Everest West services Inc. 2423 Dobbin Road, West Bank, BC V4T1K7

The attendant told me the oil in my transfer case was dirty and should be change. He said they had to use a special synthetic oil and it would cost me $129.99. He did not tell me how much oil it would take nor why it was so expensive. I greed to pay for the change and it took the fellow down below about 5 minutes to do the job. I felt like I had just been ripped off but paid the bill and left the premise's without saying anymore. When I got home I checked my maintenance manual and it told be that the transfer case used SAE 75W-140 oil and it needed only 12 ounces or.35 of a litre. As far as I am concerned this was a total ripe off and I would like to be reimbursed.

• Updated by Sidney Dahrouge, Jan 16, 2018

I returned to Mr. Lube in West Bank BC and a long time employee named Andy took good care of me. He checked the oil and the filter to make sure they had been changed. He then checked the transfer case and topped up my washer fluid. I told him that I was unhappy with the price they charged to change the oil in the transfer case($130) and he agreed to compensate me by changing the oil in the differential for no charge. I really appreciated the time he took to try and make things right and eliminate my fears and concerns. Even though they did included the rear end oil change, at $130, I still felt this was quite pricey.

Si