Motel 6 / extreme rudeness and discourtesy

Davenport, IA, United States Review updated:

I have stayed at this place a few times. I drive over an hour here to come and visit my son with a disability who lives in Davenport. They have a pool, and he likes to swim.
I called down this morning (Sunday) which is our check out day to ask for a late check out--normal checkout is at 10--late check out is a 11. It's because my son is time consuming to get dressed and packed etc etc. I have never been refused a courtesy late check out at any motel or hotel, ever, before.
Not only that, when I said explained that and said I would never stay with Motel 6 again if that was the case, and that I would be contracting mptel 6 corporate offices to make a complaint, she very disrespectyfully said, "You'll still have to pay the 25$--that won't matter." When I reminded her that customers do have a good deal of influence over corporate business policies, she again said it wouldn't matter if I called corporate office. I never yelled or screamed or swore during this call. I spoke strongly and clearly, but again, I did not shout or curse. I asked for her name, so as to report her, and she refused to give me her name. Just to reiterate, I will NEVER stay at ANY Motel 6 again. And I will vigorously tell others of my experience.

St
May 7, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      7th of May, 2017

Everywhere I've ever stayed, 11am was normal check-out and 12 was late. What reason did she give for refusing?

• Wi
      7th of May, 2017

SO, the one time they decide to decline, after always giving you a break, you complain and then have the nerve to tell them you will harm their business? THIS is why hardly any place ever does anything for people for free anymore. People like you ### the one time you have to pay after receiving courtesies for years. What you should have done, was paid, and said THANK YOU for all the times they did let you stay late without charging you.

7th of May, 2017

Various booking sites give the check-out time as 11am, not 10.

• St
      7th of May, 2017

@CareyRL Are you illiterate, this hotel gave the check out time as 10 that is the issue.

7th of May, 2017

@St Anthony Wow, you are dick! No wonder the clerk wanted your sorry self gone!

7th of May, 2017

To the OP: sorry for calling you a dick, took me a second to realize I was responding to an imposter. He pulls this childish stunt constantly because he's a brat.