Morgan Properties / illegal business practices

1 600 Red Lion RdPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

Morgan-Properties needs to be sued in a class action lawsuit. Bate and Switch on the price of the apartment after your deposit is paid and money for credit checks are paid. If you back out you lose hundreds of dollars. Manager does NOT disclose that you have to pay hot water, water and trash service at $60-$70 a month. This is a flat rate and there is no meter for each unit. You are paying for the washer water and pool water. Yet you have to pay $150 for the pool use and $1.50 per load. The AC and heater are faulity in more then half of the units. With carbon streaks on the outside bridks that is CO leaking!!! Faulity wires and bare wires. Nothing is repaired right and nothing is replaced! And Morgan is suing AIG for $20 mill for the lose of money for the repairs. There never were repairs in the first place. Dont expect to get any of your deposit back..you will pay for new rugs even if your apartment had old rugs to begin with. They will kick you our after taking thousands to stop the court action! And send you to collections and make up thousand in past rent and damages. And when you dispute their nosense bill, they never send out their records. Below is what I paid over $1000 a month for and what a dangerous dump this apartment was, and still is for the new tenant!

Morgan Properties

Comments

• Br
      4th of Jun, 2009

Here is photo of a bug that was in my bedroom and walking near my head! I found many crawling out of the dust laced heating ducts! They were in the entire building along with mice, and birds!

21st of Feb, 2018

@Brokemont I found Spy Stealth’s information while researching getting late payments removed from my credit report. Then sent him a mail for help. It took me by surprise to see the improvement made on my credit report earlier this week. I don’t have much to say, I can only describe him in one word “Awesome”. Contact this genius at spystealth|.|org|@|gmail|.|com.

• Mi
      25th of Feb, 2018

@bruce wiland THANK YOU SPY STEALTH! I was referred to Spy Stealth with the understanding he could assist me with my credit...I was trying to buy a home. So I gave him the job and he got my credit report smoothly with no trace. Go for the best hacker alive, his email address is spystealth dot org at g/m/a/i/l dot com.

4th of Mar, 2018

@miguel dunham I was not entirely sure how this works but I heard Spy Stealth is good at helping people with their credit scores in all honesty I could slowly work on my score myself, but the eviction I had on my account was seriously hurting me. I was living with a room mate who's brother will be moving in by May which means I had to move. I didn’t want to live in hotels anymore I just wanted to be able to get my own place...As I speak, Spy Stealth got rid of all negative listings and eviction on my credit at a reasonable price. Thanks to him, I can’t imagine what my life would have been If I had not met him. And for those interested in his services, his email address is spystealth . org @ gmail . com.

• Ri
      18th of Mar, 2018

@bruce wiland Hi everyone, I was looking online to fix my credit. I had evictions on my credit that made it so hard to get an apartment or somewhere to stay. I stayed from pillow to post and really was in need of help with fixing my credit so I can get a place. I heard spy Stealth is the best one for the job. That was a go ahead for me and right now I’m glad I came across this genius because ever since he fixed my credit, my life changed for good with all my worries gone. Contact spy stealth for solutions to your credit issues at(spystealth ./ org @/ gmail ./ com).

• Pe
      4th of Jul, 2018

@bruce wiland Spy stealth helped i and few of my friends repair our credit some months back. I was trying to buy a house and have been fighting with AT&T and Comcast for a while over disputed items. And some blips here and there. I was so over these organizations throwing whatever they want on my report. Kohls dropped my score 100 pts over $38. But, I don't get to affect their credit history on a whim. Wished I could report on them...lol. No matter how hard I worked or tried to keep junk like that off...it was like fighting an uphill battle. With the help of spy stealth all that has become history. Hire spy stealth for credit repair service at (spystealth. org-@-g m a i l . com).

• Ha
      25th of Jun, 2009

I agree completely that Morgan Properties need to be served with a class action suit. They harassed me daily about my dog (an approved pet for whom I paid a deposit and monthly fee). The apartment had mold and lacked a stair railing. I gave them written notice months in advance of my intent to move, confirmed in writing well before the end of my lease term. 5 years later they are still alleging I owe them 3 months' rent AFTER I MOVED OUT AT THE END OF THE YEAR LEASE TERM with all rent paid on time.

If anyone knows of an attorney handling a class action suit, please post it.

7th of Aug, 2009

I am the one that posted under Brookmont, just couldnt sign back in for some reason. I'm sure we could find a large number of victims of Morgan-Properties for a class action suit! There are so many violations and I will address some here! Bate and Switch..given one price for rental at lease signing the cost went up $100. Friends are charged a different rent! Fraud and theft of services, theft by deception. Dangerous living conditions such as but not limited to CO leaking from faulity gas heaters, faulity AC, faulity wires, black mold, mice, dust bugs, birds. Charging for water without a meter. No where is it mentioned that there is a charge of $70 for water, trash. As in my case I was very ill with heart problems 6-2008 and in the hospital, I was told that $3500 would be enough to stop court case. I gave all the money I had in the world. I was evicted by man posing as a sheriff employee. I called the cops and he would not let me talk to police. He was controling the police! He just kept yelling at me like I was a dog! Most criminals are not treated like I was that day! From the heart pain I had all day, if could have been a heart attack mild one. My entire deposit was taken by the thieves in the office! As my photos show the damage was Not MADE my me..I am a clean person! I would ben clean the halls from the trash dropped by others! I had to put up with 8-10 people living in a apartment next door! Kids alone all day and hanging out the windows after they broke out the screens! Parties all night on weekends from the apt below. And a pitbull bite from that apartment. And noting was done to both of those tenants. Over one thousand a month plus a electric bill of $260 a month because their AC is faulity and broken! Arlen Spector is helping Morgan properties in their lawsuit against AIG..from a bail out no doubt, but who is helping us? Write to the BBB, FTC and contact L&I if you still live at brookmont. The black marks on the outside bricks is carbon and that means the heater is faulity and leakng CO! Maybe even contact classactionlawsuit.com Brookmont and Bobbie ruined my life and my health! I was kicked out the door by and man with a gun?? My small pets died, my plants died. I had no place to live after the money ran out from the motel stay. My husband lost his job over this! And we lost our auto from the lost wages. The stress ruined my health and we will never be able to rent again..My family is being harassed by the collection agency. They want e months rent went we were not even living there. The list of damage is a joke..new rugs $450..nothing was wrong with the ones that were in there. I cleaned them with a steam cleaner weekly! $25 for a glass left on a high shelve..charged for the mold and rust that grew in the bathroom after we were locke out. Charged for the dust that was all over the place, because the want a bee cop wouldnt let me turn off the AC. And charged $100 in electric when we were not even in the apartment! Philly.com has a few stories on Morgan-Properties the business section contact the reporter! Contact the news media..Fox NBC10 NE times and lets fight in numbers! Please note that I was charged for the rotted food in the frig that I was not allowed to take at lock-out, $100 to clan refrig! I lost $200 in food! The one photo is of a wall that I repaired after a bird came in from the hole and my cat killed it! What a fire trap that place is..and unsafe and unhealthy! And L&I and the City is doing NOTHING??

15th of Aug, 2009

If you are living in PA and Morgan-Properties evicted you from your apartment and they have a judgment against you. They can attach your wages! That includes damage and past rent. So if you are wondering why Brookmont and Morgan-Properties is attaching a Fake damage report and charging you past rent up to 3 months that is the reason! Morgan is a lawyer and his friend in the govt is trying to get him a bailout in his lawsuit against AIG! Class Action is needed to stop this illegal business from ruining more lives!

• Ar
      7th of Nov, 2009

Are you kidding ME! I have lived in a Morgan Properties community for over 20 years and would recommend them to ANYONE! I raised my children in several different units. Oh, if your wondering why I moved to different units it was because I downsized each time one of my children moved out on their own.

I have had hard times while I raised my children and I always felt comfortable going and speaking with the Property Mgr. She / he worked with me. I NEVER stuck them!

I had my fair share of maintenance issues but they always came to repair them. I remember one Christmas Eve afternoon my garbage disposal broke and they immediately came out and REPLACED it.

If my children would not wipe down the tub or wipe up spilled water mold would begin to grow. I went out and bought "CLEANING" supplies to take care of the problem myself. I always cleaned the air filters in the A/C (central / wall units) and used the vaccum on the vents and baseboards as well as throughout my apartment home to keep the DUST at bay. This is simple cleaning 101.

As for the pictures above three of them look like housecleaning issues and the others are look like something you could have called maintenance about and they would have come out and cleaned up.

I believe that people who bash their landlord, if you were to go back and check their rental history, you would find that they were chronically late and are looking for an EASY mark.

You signed the lease. You need to understand what you sign not put your signature on the legal document just to put a roof over your head.

You need to take RESPONSIBILITY!

17th of Nov, 2009

I see where you are a employee or good friend of Morgan! How many kids did you raise in a apartment..fire codes say NO MORE THEN 4 in a 2 bedroom apartment! Why was I putting up with a neighbor with 8-10 people living there???? And Pitbulls that is not in the lease, yet his lease was renewed even after the bite! SPCA took the report! So you want me to take down walls to get to the mold that was building up from the heat of no cooler then 84 in the summer with the AC running! I was promised from day one I would get a new AC never did! And the birds are still in the walls from the wholes in the roof where daylight enters! Did you pay over a grand plus water trash ($70) and didnt even have a washer or dryer? And electric of $360 a month for a AC that cools to 84..running all the time! A gas bill of over $150 a month and one bedroom didnt get any heat!! I complained and no service was taken from repair! I was told to get into the duct work and vacuum out the 3-4 incles of dust..because Brookmont was not paying to do that! As for mice they ran free in the halls and apartment..one man had a doxen in his apstrment. And his refrig set on fire because of a bad part that repair knew were in their refrigs! If you want to stick up for Brookmont and Morgan Properties..then lets go to court! I will get everyone of the past tenants from my building and then some to go with me! And not one got their deposit back!!! NOT ONE!!! They will tell how clean I was and how much I put up with!!!

• Ca
      26th of Jul, 2017

@brokemont2 thank you sounds like that to me. I am in heights of Collingswood, they just bought us from greystar. came here to see if things will get better, wow seems worst. I'm scared now. funny we have all these problems and we have people saying the same bs. complaining about everyone telling the truth.

17th of Nov, 2009

I should include with my posting that I am missing items of value after the lock out! Some one stole my coin collection, and jewelry boxes..I had my storage bin opened by workers at Brookmont and left open for others to steal items! When I lived there my tools were stolen and other neighbors had money stolen. I will take this back to court! There is thousands of $$$ of unexplained charges due..and any collection agency that has to harass a 90 year old woman is way out of line! I never was sent proof of the charges from the collection agency or Brookmont! When I disputed charges with Morgan Properties in writing and sent along photos as the few above..the account was turned over to collection the same day it was received! Morgan made his money at ripping off people from his complexes! So he tries to collect from homeless, jobless and disabled people! Seach AIG, Morgan and Spector! Enough is Enough time to go before the Judge! I want him/her to see the charges of a left behind crystal glass on a high shelve that I was charge $25 to remove! The entire thousand deposit was taken over LIES!

17th of Nov, 2009

To Are People For Real? I'm sure if you lived at Morgan Properties for 20 years..no sure if they have been around for that long! Your rent would have increased at a yearly rate of 14% or $120.00 a moth! For 20 yrs that would be a extra $28, 800! This is the rent increase to date! Now you would know that there is a water/trash charge that is NOT in the lease and Not told to you at the signing of $70 a month or $840 a year! Oh your apartment doesn have a washer or water meter to explain the high charges! This is paid to Morgan Properties NOT the water co! If you lived in my old apartment you would have paid a total of $11, 040 a year of a old rusted out apartment with mice, bugs, mold, dust and birds! You electric bill will be $2370 a year! And your gas bill will be $1, 170 a year! You grand total for one year at my old apartment would have been $15, 420.00
    Now Brookmont states in their package that you should be able to afford this 2 bedroom apt at a gross income of $28, 000. Guess you wont have the money for food, auto or even a TV connection! Forget about a computer internet service! Oh do you have to pay for a doctor hospital medication? Forget it..you can afford it! Do the math! 75% of the tenants moved after the first year! The 25% of chosen ones paid only $20 a month in rent increase! I was not on that list! Anyone who looks at the photo's can see that there were NO repairs in that apartment since it was built 35 + years ago! I can prove with medical record for my family that the CO made us sick! When I moved in I cried at the conditions of that apartment..I found drug bags in the drains and pot roaches under the rug..so it was NOT NEW! And yes I complained and I had to clean up for lack of repair/ service! I repaired the wall in the image above..this is where the birds were coming out of the wall from..mice too. The bug is one of many the entire time I lived there! I was the only one that cleaned the washers, steps and halls from the trash that people dropped! The management wouldnt clean the front door after someone vomited on it. I did it! So with the loss of computer and poswer strips that burned up, along with my repairs. That includes changing the filter ever 3-4 weeks at $850 a filter. Morgan Propeties OWES me MONEY! Thousands!!! See them in court..and I will not stand alone..I will find my old neighbors!

• Us
      29th of Dec, 2011

Morgan properties are SCAMMERS!!! They say don't worry about bad credit.."worse case senerio is you will have to pay an extra 1/2 month deposit". Then they take your non-refundable application fees and then decline you. Their explanation is that the extra 1/2 deposit is if you are approved. That's not what "Jonathan" said 3 times. They take your $200 "reservation fee" BEFORE they approve you. Now they don't want to refund it. Total scammers and LIARS!!!

30th of Dec, 2011

Reason they get away with this is the owner Morgan is a Lawyer! And they are above the law! Conned me on the price of the rental..it went up $100 a month a time of signing, I would have lost entire $$ if I did not sign. Stole "$3, 500" my money when I fell behind on the thousand a month rent plus another $400 in utilities! Never credit account and went to court when I was told the case was dropped..then we were evicted at gun point..I am disabled and my child was disabled at the time..we were homeless and my pets died after eviction which includes a cat and hamster..Lost Everything!! Furniture became Junk! Forced to live in one room motel till family took us in..then husband lost his job due to this and then lost our SUV! Still getting thousands in bills from Morgan after I appealed their amount due..Everyone will lose their deposit..Liars will say that you destroyed the apartment "rugs" yet they never put a dime into the apartment in the first place!

• Do
      21st of Jun, 2018

I remember my experience with hackers i contacted online, i almost lost hope in finding out if my husband was loyal to me and has been loyal in our 20 years marriage, i lost a lot of funds in paying these so called hackers so i made up my mind that if i get scammed again i'll just forget about finding out what God doesn't want me to know, Then i saw reviews about ( mikejosh@cyber-wizard.com ) and decided contact him and if and if i hear any stupid excuse won't contact anybody and just accept that God doesn't want me to then he proved to me that he isn't a cheat by working a sample job for me but to my greatest surprise he did the job and sent results to me fast, i was so happy but sad part was i divorced my husband, and i will drop an advise for people who wants any kind of hacking services stopped being scammed by people who impersonate being hackers, contact ( mikejosh@cyber-wizard.com ) for a fast and clean job. Thank me later.