Mor Furniture For Less / Poor service!

I purchased a sofa, reclining loveseat and matching recliner from Avondale showroom in July of 2007 on August 11, 2007, one month later, one of the boards on the back of the sofa broke so I immediately called for service. I was told they would send a tech to inspect the sofa, take pictures and determine what needed to be done. One week later the tech arrived, took pictures and said someone would call that day. When they called I was told that they would be out a week later to pick up the sofa for repair. I called and asked for a loaner and was told they don't do that. So I would have to be inconvenienced while my sofa was in for repair. However long that would take. I was told that it should only be one day, however when I called after pick up I was told it might be 3 to 4 days before I would get my sofa back. I expressed my concern with a repair when it was obvious that this was a case of poor workmanship and defective materials. I told the service center the a replacement would have been a better choice. When I called the service center prior to pickup and ask for a loaner, I was told they could not do that. I asked to speak with a supervisor and told that a supervisor would call me that day. That was on Friday, I never heard from the supervisor until I called back on Monday after pickup and no loaner. After speaking with her for a few minutes, she hang up on me. While trying to call back, I got another call from the service center to see if the sofa was picked up. I explained to this person that I was speaking with the supervisor and she hang up on me. She apologized, however it was not her place to apologize for her supervisor. I asked for the supervisor's supervisor and was given his name. A few minutes later the supervisor that hang up on me called back to say she did not hang up, however I explained to her that the phone went dead in my hand and I sure didn't hang up. She told me that I was yelling at her, I told her I was not yelling, merely expressing my dissatisfaction with the way this whole matter was being handled. I asked her how she would feel if she purchased something and felt the quality was less than perfect. She told me that I agreed to have the sofa picked up and repaired. I asked her if I had another choice, she said no. So I asked her what I was suppose to do. She told me there was no real estimate as to when I could expect my sofa returned. So I'm inconvenienced for however long they decide to take to make the repair. I sent three emails to corporate and after sending received confirmation and a message that someone would contact me within 2 business days. I have not heard one word from corporate. Some customer service. I purchased the extended warranty and wonder if I will go through the same hassle if I have a claim with them. I don't feel having to accept a repaired sofa is a fair exchange for broken merchandise within a month of purchase. If this had been a TV, etc you could return it and receive a new one without this hassle.

A  1st of Apr, 2008 by
I ordered a sectional and coffee table on Feb 29, 2008. I did get the couch the next day, but I am still waiting on my coffee table. First I was told it would be March10th, and here it is April 1st and I still haven't got it. When I call I am told they don't know, tried calling again was told it's on backorder. This is ridicilous. If I wasn't so busy I would ask for my money back and go somewhere else. I do know I will NEVER shop here again!!!
A  29th of Mar, 2009 by
NOt surprising at all to see all those complaints. I feel better in a way that it was just me being paranoid or something. Their service center people are the rudest persons and they totally lost my trust and money. I moved to a new place and I can tell you I bougth sets of brand new furnitures every where else but from them. I will make sure I share my terrible experience with everyone. They do not deserve customers as people do not deserve to be treated this way.
A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I too am a victim of MOR FOR LESS (service/quality). I bought a recliner that was suppose to be delivered in a week; 18 days later, it arrived. Although it looked nice, it was lopsided; the right seat was higher than the left. I called and it took weeks for a technician to come out. He took pics because the chair "looked" good, he deemed it was just "normal wear". He did not inspect the chair. He assured us that Customer Service would call the next day. They did not, so the following day I called them. The assistor said it was "normal wear" and no correction was warrented. Again I explained, and was assured the manager would call me back. And again, no call back. I've heard stories about MOR, and am kicking myself for trusting them. If you read this, DO NOT go to MOR.

Mor Furniture For Less Logo Mor Furniture For Less