Monitronics Home Security Systems / Shady contracts and poor customer service
Issues with Monitronics Home Security service:
Last September I had an alarm go off at my house. Well, I didn't find out about it till almost 4 hours later. The Police had already came and gone several hours before I was notified or the individual who was my emergency contact. I was very dissatisfied with the service and instructed the customer service agent to cancel my service. At the point I was told that I would have to send them a letter with my name, address, and my customer info in it with the request to cancel my service. Well, of course they denied ever getting it. I sent them a second letter this time and due to a job change relocated thinking the matter was solved. A few months go by and I come home and discover that they still had not terminated my contract. I called their customer service and received more run around and finally I was instructed to send the same letter but, with all the info mentioned before but, they wanted time to include my password and passcode in the new letter. Why would someone ask for all this in a letter that was going through the public mail. When dealing with secure documents you never send them through public forums. Then the supervisor I spoke with told me that they are not responsible for delivering what they sell. She claimed in the contract they still get paid basically if they do not provide the service they advertise. I would warn any consumer against ever doing business with this company. Shady contracts and poor customer service are not traits of a company I would hire to handle home security.
More Monitronics Home Security Systems Complaints & Reviews
- Monitronics Security - Stay away from Monitronics at all costs! 
- Monitronics - Failure to stop billing 
- Monitronics - fraud 
- Monitronics - Stay FAR away from Monitronics 
- Monitronics - Will Not Cancel Service 
- Moni Smart Security / Monitronics International - security system - being charged during hurricane maria and will not cancel as we were displaced to the usa
- Monitronics - I am complaining about the unit. I can only unlock the door with the key, and it is not registering on my phone.
- Monitronics - security. refund. or 2 years free. 
- Monitronics - I called in oct. and requested to have my account disconnected! new withdraw in dec.!!
- Monitronics - home security