Mobily Connect / it is totally useless

1 Saudi Arabia Review updated:

Caution for all people planning to buy mobily connect. It does not give the speed they advertise. You will be forced to use dial up again as mobily connect does not work at night. I stay in Alkhobar town- middle of the city where the speed is expected to be the best..Please think 100 times before you go for it...It is a waste of mony..

To

Comments

Ro
  21st of Nov, 2008

I was also caught up into this racket I would say. I did not have dsl connections from STC. So at first I wanted to try STC wireless broadband. I called 907. The next day two gentlemen came to my doorstep. They were so quick enough to bring the unit and throw it at your face. They didnt even bother to see whether it worked or not. Got my sign on their paper and went. Next day it activated. Believe me or not dialup was 200% better and dependable. Afterall I was paying 300SAR/month for this rubbish wireless. I dint want to waste any more time with it. No use of calling 907 as in these countries you should not expect to receive polite feedaback once you make a complaint. They say go to STC office. When u go there one fellow told to call 907. Then and there I cancelled the damn thing. Even after cancelling I still keep getting bills for the wireless. I made somany complaints but no answer.

Then I went to mobily. Paid 499SAR and got a mobily connect dongle. It too sucks like nothing. believe me i am living in the center of khobar city and one would expect to have the best reception here. Speeds are worse than dialup. Some sites never open. They claim the speed is 7.2Mbps. ###. Just after 2 days I decided that I will no more waste my money and was forced back into the dial up age. this is when u really value the countries like US and Uk where I use to work before. Customer satsifaction is number 1 for them. No company can go scots free once they have violated something that they claimed would do. In saudi no body cares about customer satisfaction. Every one wants only to fill in their pockets. They try to introduce all new gadgets and things not because they love u. Its because they love your wallet and need to rip you off your trousers. As the competition in the telecom sector has now increased in saudi more and more service are being offered. But no one looks into the quality of these services. The government and telecom agencies responsible for controlling these companies should take this matter very seriosly and look into the quality of the services offered by these companies. Pls any one who wants to buy STC or mobily wirelss broadbands, JUST FORGET IT.

Sh
  30th of Dec, 2009

Looks that the situation of consuming internet service through the ISPs in Saudia, is the same for all. Initially, I got a AfaqShamel DSL with modem for 512kbps speed. They said that the subscription for the telephone and Internet service is free for 2 months, since I felt the speed is not good, I have upgraded the speed to 4Mbps for a monthly subscription of SAR.244. After 3 months I have received a bill of SAR.1485 describing that it is the charge for previous and current bill. When I try to get explanation by calling 907, (they responded after many attempt and after loosing the battery charge of my mobile many times) and saying that this is because, I have upgraded the speed during the free subscription period and because of this reason, my free subscription for the first 2months became void. Then he has given so many explanations on the billing amount that I cannot understand. They charge for land line to mobile treating it as the calls are national calls. But they advertise that local and national calls are free. Also they charged SAR.0.35 for local calls(!). I went to pay the full amount (SAR.1485.00) and told them to close all my subscriptions and account. They said that it will be done after one week since I paid through VISA credit card. After a week when I went to request closing of my subscription, they told me to pay the charge that I have already paid. But they said that I have to pay SAR.2790 (SAR.1485 - the previous bill that I have already paid for x 2). Then I was informed to see the manager. Finally, he checked all my documents and said that he has closed my subscription. But even after closing, I found that the DSL service was available. Again I went to the STC customer care (Think how much I would have spent for the Limousine!) and told them to disconnect. They said that it will be automatically disconnected. Until then you can use the service at free of cost. I donot want to take another risk and I told them to remove the wiring from the PABX box and my house and I got it done.

After few months I bought a mobily connect SAR.350/month. I am often facing the problem of my connection to the internet is getting disconnected while the mobily connect remains connected. Also, the speed is not as they mentioned on their advertisement (7.2mbps) and not as the customer service agents quoted (2 - 3mbps) and it is really at the average of 0.10kbps. Regarding this I went to Olaiya, Batha and Murabbah to complaint and to get solution, but I got only explanation instead of solutions. Finally one nice technical support guy from mobily batha told me to request for a tower from your nearest customer care branch. It is not the problem of getting the tower signal or in connecting the mobily service to my PC. The problem is that the connection between mobily and internet is getting disconnected frequently. Also, a tower is mounted on my neighbouring building. I am getting 3 bars of signal strength in the tower icon of the modem software.

So, it seems that Internet service unlike other countries (even the TCN countries like India, Srilanka, pakistan, bangladesh etc.) is not efficient here and it seems that we have to consume internet services with this limitations and fluctuation in speed and connectivity.

Al
  4th of Feb, 2013
Mobily Connect - Bad reception of Service
Saudi Arabia

I am working on a farm on the Jordan road outside Tabuk. I am suppose to have internet reception from Mobily, but you can not complain about the reception the last month, because there are almost nothing. Mobily advertise themselves as the best, but at the moment it is frustrating to be on there system.

Im
  4th of Apr, 2014

mobily network is waste of time n money good for nothing ppl sitting and working for mobily hahahahahahaha worst network