Million Dollar Body Aka Beachbody Fitness / Sneaky credit card charges!

You will get billed first from "Beachbody Fitness" for their shape up program, and then they say in 30 days after you will get another bill. well, the DAY AFTER the initial bill, I got more charges! And they changed their name from Beachbody to Million Dollar Body.

First charge is $68.89, then day after is $29.90 then week and a half later another charge for $40.62 from Million Dollar Body! That wasn't 30 days later!!! So now i got stuck with these overdraft charges from my bank for this unplanned for expenses!

Comments

• Ho
      18th of Aug, 2007

I ordered the hip hop abs video and was only supposed to be charged $29.95 each month and I got charged $144.50 the first month!!!

• Bh
      5th of Sep, 2007

I completely agree with you. Have you guys done anything to get your money back? We're you able to speak to someone about this? Advise smb!

5th of Oct, 2007

Yes this company is a scam company at its best! Buyer beware of special online memberships and other offers the offer you when you call. The will charge you, and their return policy is a joke. they overlap order/ship times to make almost impossible to cancel anything in time to get your money back. Be careful!!! SCAM< SCAM< SCAM!

2nd of Nov, 2007

I, also ordered the hip hop abs for the entire amount of $64.72, but the 30 days later, I got charged for $43.21. For $43.21 for what!!! I payed the whole entire thing the first time. This is definitely a total scam, scam, scam. Beware buyers!!!

• Ra
      20th of Dec, 2007

I bought the hip hop abs also and it said is was gonna bill me 3 months for 29.99 and they took 9o dollars 3 days later. I didnt think anything of it at first maybe they withdrew it and then send me three months worth of murchendise. Then 30 days later i got 2 more withdraws of 32.21 and 38.41. I canceled my card right away...

• Ha
      13th of Jan, 2008

They have a great scam going together -- I bought a product from BeachBody and made sure to uncheck the 30-day free subscription into their online fitness program (having read about all the complaints) but a subsequent email arrived from MillionDollarBody offering me the same 30-day free membership. I ignored it since I did not sign up for the program; the way I see it is that it was an offer made available. Well, it was charged to my creditcard 30 days later. Upon calling Beachbody, they said they could not help because it was charged by a 3rd party, i.e MillionDollarClub; indicating that they're not associated. I don't see how I can be liable since I did not authorize BeachBody to give my creditcard info to MillionDollarClub but my creditcard bank will not work with me on this. Shame on you Barclays for not taking sides with your customer!

From now on, I'll just buy these same items through Amazon -- unlike most other companies (and banks), they DO take care of their customers.

• Je
      16th of Jan, 2008

I bought the p90x, it was supposed to be billed in 3 installments. They were suppose to be $62. $48. last and finally $40. mysteriously i had an over draft fee of $180. from checking. Also my account over drafted 3 separate times from little amounts being taken, smell fishy i think so too.

• De
      22nd of Jan, 2008

cant reach them by phone
    charge of 38.87
    paid in full months ago.
    credit card company said there is nothing they can (will) do
    if I don't reach them tomorrow, I am calling the AG's office

• Da
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I joined Million dollar body 4 years in 2004,when it was Wowy just to workout in their online room, and over those 4 years I have purchased 4 different programs at 4 different times and had no problems, I signed up to be a coach just two days ago and I have a habit of always checking my credit card because their is so much fraud out their, and MDB took out only what they were suppose to. Also my daughter in the past had purchased products from them and no problems on her credit card at all, but if we did I would definitely would be calling the companys' support line, here's the number for you that may not have it 1-800-470-7870
    MDB really is an excellent company and their tools are great with a purpose of helping you to achieve your health and fitness goals. I am going to report what has been going on because that has to do with the reps that are taking the orders. A suggestion I would like to make that I mysef have done because of so much fraud ie. at my bank a teller stole my checks, I had them go to the bank for security reasons get that! then she proceeded to write a check for $2000.00 and sign my name I had to go to the police, they had to put a trace on it but if I didn't stay on top of it then I
    would not have gotten my money back because when I checked back with the police it was pushed to the side, it took awhile but they finally traced it and eventually she was fired! Who was at fault? The teller! Yes, I was upset with the Bank and almost changed banks until I heard a worse case with another bank, so a suggestion for all of you! aA prepaid debit card for online purchases or any purchases, Ijust purchased my first one a week ago it, that way they can only take out what I put on my card. You can purchase them at Walgreens or a better one is through Money Mart. It is a shame but with theft identity you have to do what will protect you. if you have any questions for me you can email me, just go to my site at www.milliondollarbody.com/baracuda and click email me. By the way I do not work for this company, I am only a member.

• Ca
      23rd of Jan, 2008

I completly agree! I am being charged for their Million Dollar Club, even though I cancelled. They say that they have no record of it and that I am still going to be charged, so now I am trying to get my back to charge it back. They have the worst customer service I have seen in a long time. Beware!

23rd of Jan, 2008

I bought Beach Body for my teenage daughter, looked like fun. They sent fat burning supplements which I had told them not to and I did not agree to the online membership, by the way they do not tell you how to use it. I tried calling for days and was unable to get through. My bank can not stop it because i used my visa debit bank card. This has cost me hundreds of dollars more than the original $144 that I paid all at once. If any one has any suggestions please post!!!!

• Sh
      26th of Jan, 2008

I purchased the PX90 and agreed to the quarterly online subscription to Million Dollar Body. I called and cancelled this prior to the end of the three months, on September 17th I even received a confirmation number for my cancellation. This month I look on my credit card bill and there it is, another $38.87 charge on December 13. I called to find out why this charge was made, since I had cancelled in September, and they told me that they didn't have any record of me cancelling this order. They said I had agreed to continue and would call and cancel later!!!!! So I cancelled again, got another cancellation number and told them I was very unhappy with their service and I was reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.
    Another life lesson, DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!!!!!!

• Ka
      30th of Jan, 2008

they are TOTALLY FRAUD. I GOT SCREWED!! 3 easy payments of 20 was 1 lump w/drawal and then conveniently 1 week after my return period..i got aANOTHER bill and at the end of hte month ANOTHER BILL... i called to complain and supposedly theyre investigating...hvaent heard back from them.
    of course.

• Mo
      4th of Feb, 2008

If you listen carefully on the phone they try to add things to your order very sneakily. I declined everything they offered. I had the woman read back the total which I was going to pay and made her read back every product that was included. You can't be dumb about things like this or you will get screwed... but if you pay attention to what you're doing and know what you want you'll be fine. Just say NO anytime they try to give you a "free" add on, because they explain that you won't be charged for the first 30 days, but then you will.

• Pe
      12th of Feb, 2008

I just received a charge of $38.87 which I did not authorize. They changed their name from beach body fitness to million dollar body. I am really angry about this situation!

• Co
      14th of Feb, 2008

I have recently started perchasing items from this company, I have gotten the P90X and the hip hop abs videos and fortunatly have not had any problems. I was wondering though; aside from the finacial problems everyone has had with them, did their product work for you or did you just put it to the side and not use it because you were so angry about the charges.

• Kr
      15th of Feb, 2008

I got cheated too. They have taken out way more money than I agreed to pay. How can we get our money back ? Who can we report them to?

• Gl
      8th of Mar, 2008

I wish 'd seen all these complaints BEFORE I got hooked into their infomercial and the desire to workout in comfort of my home.

I too was surprized by THREE charges made to my checking account one month after the initial order was placed. I then pulled out the initial shipping receipt and read the small print re: the 30 day free trial offer and subsequent billing as wel as the 30 day trial for the vitamins.

I DID NOT mark these on my initial order. When they finally get around to returning call several days after emial messages sent notifying them to stop charges immediately, they state that I marked these on my initial web order. NOT! I have no confirmation emails to show what I did or did not order bacause they are fabricating this information. Other reputable companies always send a confirming email as well as tracking info for the orders. Not this one.

Calls to the listed #'s meet with hold messages re: long wait times and that you may do these holds/cancels on line. On Line references you to call the #'s that do not respond. NICE SCAM!

Buyers BEWARE!

Gloria

• Gi
      17th of Mar, 2008

This is a totol pyramid sceme! The whole company is set up like "amway" but worse! I am a million dollar body "coach" and the company is designed to screw coaches a dn customers out of money by slowly draining them. $40 sign up fee, $15 monthly fee, $50 monthly volume, $45 quartly fee for club memebership all with the promise of paying customers. The reality... pissed off customers that send you emails to straiten out though a customer (don't)care center. Buyer beware --- coach beware.

• Ki
      24th of Mar, 2008

Its sad to see all the complaints about BeachBody/Million Dollar Body here. As with ordering anything make sure you know exactly what you are getting before you get off the phone with Customer service. Anytime I order anything from anywhere I get a order #, name of Rep and I write down the date and time I placed the order. If you receive a shipment that you did not order or do not want you can do 1 of 3 things

1. Contact customer support at 1-800-470-7870. Be sure to get the name of the Rep along with your Return Authorization number (RA#) as well as the date and time of call.

2. Anytime you order Beach Body programs you are assigned a Coach. Call or email your coach and have them contact CS along with you to cancel or return and item. I'm a Coach and out of a couple of hundred customers I have I've only received 2-3 calsl asking for assisitance.

3. Refuse the shipment. UPS will have no choice to return it and upon recieving the returned item back they must credit your account. I would then follow up with an call to CS.

As for as the legitimacy of this company or it being a scam if it were it would have been shut down a long time ago. They have great products that people are using to change and totally transform their lives.

As far as the coaching opportunity it is one of the easiest work -at-home opportunities out there. I've tried many things and this is working for me. As far as the charges that the other coach spoke about These are the fees that to automate and help you run your business and they are in fact way lower than most other companies.

I am also willing to help anyone with any issues they may be having - email me at bestmdbcoach(at)yahoo.com