Midland funding, LLC / Complaint

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

I received a call at work today by Midland Funding. The guy didn't even identify himself or the reason he was contacting me. He just asked my name and proceeded to say "are you aware that you are in default on a $3500 debt?"
I thought I was hearing things...I said "excuse me?" He repeated himself, still not identifying who he was or where he was calling from. After I asked him several times, he finally said who he was. I explained that I just got the letter in the mail yesterday. He started to threaten a lawsuit and wage attachment if it wasn't paid within a week. Then he tries to tell me it needs to be paid by the end of the day! What a liar. I came home and looked at the letter only to find that I have 30 days. Isn't this against the law??? A debt collector MUST identify themselves right away and they are not supposed to contact you at work. Am I wrong?

Je

Comments

• My
      24th of Oct, 2010

Everyone Join me in the fight to shut down Midland Funding LLC a Junk Debt Collector and all of there locations! They are violating our rights and using illegal methods to harass us and using manipulating legal practices to packet your hard earn money!

Thank You all for your support and dedication!

• Ni
      18th of Jul, 2011

midland red yes my son was on the bus dines green to st jones worcester. he pressed the bell to get of his stop the driver closed the doors threatned to break hs legs 999 wascalled a lady was on the bus to phoned 999 to the driver drove round and round the police came tk driver was arrested this was all due to a neighbour dispute the driver was a friend of the neighbour which they ar bus drivers after all this the same bus driver was still driving what a insult