Midland Credit Management / They're a joke

Midland has filed a small claim against me in court for a credit card account that I have never had. I have been trying to get this cleared up for over three years. I have requested documentation from them and all I have got is harassment from them. I contacted the attorney's office they have hired to represent them and again no proof and no help so what do you do. I guess I will have to fight this one out in court. This place has harassed me for over three years but has produced no proof to back up their claim and I told them that this was a fraud case but since they had my social they said it was my account.

Va

Comments

• We
      5th of Nov, 2008

I began receiving calls from an unknown caller before 8 a.m. When I answered, it was a recording saying a representative will be with you shortly. I stayed on the line several times and was disconnected. Finally, after their 5th call I got a person and she asked to speak to Jerrid. I tell her, Jerrid doesn't live here - click. Next day, same thing. I ask who is calling before saying no, Jerrid doesn't live here. She hangs up. Again, they call and this time I say may I ask who is calling and she repeats she wants to talk to Jerrid. I ask what company she is with and what it is regarding. She says she is with MCM and it's none of my business what it is regarding. I told her that Jerrid doesn't live here and she needs to remove my number from her list. She tells me she will not remove my number and she will indeed call back. I completely lost it. Of course my little outburst got me nowhere except a promise that she would indeed call again. I tried using anonymous call rejection so they would at least have to unblock their number when calling so I would have a phone number to report but it did not work and the calls are still coming at all hours. I have complained to my phone company and threatened to disconnect my phone service but there really isn't much else I can do since I can't prove it is really Midland without a phone number to report. These places disgust me. No wonder some people don't pay their bills. If I actually owed them, I'd let them haul me to jail before paying them. Very unprofessional company with SUPER rude employees.