Midas Muffler - Plainfield, Indiana / Terrible experience!

I would like submit a complaint about Midas muffler in Plainfield, Indiana. I left my car at the shop for front brake pad (disc) replacement typically a $100.00 repair. The mechanic called and said the repairs would exceed $600.00 dollars. I was skeptical of the work they suggested; however, pressed for time I agreed. Three separate times I picked up my car only to drive away with very little/no breaks. The final time the manger told me they were fine said "I checked them myself". I lost confidence in his ability to repair my car. I scheduled an appointment with the Volvo garage "Tom Wood". This is the shop that usually works on my car and had checked my brakes last. The mechanic at the Volvo shop said he doubted if the calipers (front brakes hydraulic) needed changed and the brakes had been installed improperly. The Volvo shop reinstalled the brakes and is now working properly. I have called 800/211-8887 "Jack Surface" customer satisfaction line. The 800 number rings to answering machine. I have left messages 8-10 times with no return calls from "Jack". I have received a call from the local shop informing me that Jack would be returning my call weeks later still no call. Please help me contact customer service with Midas. I have 5 children and this shop let me drive away with the brakes in this condition. I want to discuss this with someone at Midas that cares about customer safety and satisfaction...

Th

Comments

16th of Jan, 2008

I would like to say that i have never had a bad experience with midas and the people there are quite knowledgable when it come to any or all problems i have had with my car.I live in Stthomas Ontario Canada.Bob at the wellington street location is great and i wouldn't trust anyone else to work on either my car or my wifes. Bob also has a great crew behind him and i was quite impressedthe day i took my truck in for brakework and had no appointment,he fit me though and got us on our way to our vacation thanks MIDAS keep up the good work.

• Wa
      4th of Dec, 2011

I have been working on cars and trucks for 20 years, my wife took her car to have the brakes looked at becuase I wasn't moving fast enough, Midas talked her into getting a credit card to pay for 750.00 brake job, this was bad enough but 10 month later I had to buy new rear calipers and rotor, pads and redue the rear brakes, midas wouldnt stand behind their work other than the 16.00 brake pads . the left caliper was frozze up, the right one the threads were stripped so could not srew the piston in to install the new pads. you suck MIDAS