Midas Muffler - Plainfield, Indiana / Terrible experience!
I would like submit a complaint about Midas muffler in Plainfield, Indiana. I left my car at the shop for front brake pad (disc) replacement typically a $100.00 repair. The mechanic called and said the repairs would exceed $600.00 dollars. I was skeptical of the work they suggested; however, pressed for time I agreed. Three separate times I picked up my car only to drive away with very little/no breaks. The final time the manger told me they were fine said "I checked them myself". I lost confidence in his ability to repair my car. I scheduled an appointment with the Volvo garage "Tom Wood". This is the shop that usually works on my car and had checked my brakes last. The mechanic at the Volvo shop said he doubted if the calipers (front brakes hydraulic) needed changed and the brakes had been installed improperly. The Volvo shop reinstalled the brakes and is now working properly. I have called 800/211-8887 "Jack Surface" customer satisfaction line. The 800 number rings to answering machine. I have left messages 8-10 times with no return calls from "Jack". I have received a call from the local shop informing me that Jack would be returning my call weeks later still no call. Please help me contact customer service with Midas. I have 5 children and this shop let me drive away with the brakes in this condition. I want to discuss this with someone at Midas that cares about customer safety and satisfaction...
More Midas Muffler - Plainfield, Indiana Complaints & Reviews
- Midas - fraudulent billing and gouging 
- Midas - horrible customer experience 
- Midas - do not want to replace faulty battery
- Midas - messed up my entire break system 
- Midas - worker scam 
- Midas International Corporation - brakes
- Midas International Corporation - service
- Midas International Corporation - car totaled when brakes failed after brakes done at midas bothell, wa
- Midas International Corporation - oil change
- Midas International Corporation - heater core replaced