Midas Muffler / EMPLOYEE TREATMENT

1 OH, United States Review updated:

MIDAS MUFFLERS' treatment of employees is unbelieveable!! MIDAS make you feel that you are just so valuable. When the time comes for advancement, MIDAS chooses the "kiss ###" non-honest employees and the honest/non-"kiss-###" ( the one MIDAS made feel so valuable) gets stomped on!!
The "ruder" ya are & dis-honest with customers = advancement is in line for you!
Always keeping tabs on paychecks ~~ no matter how many years 15+ you have in & cutting your pay saying " you make to much money" over so-so" whos been with the company for LESS THAN A YEAR!! Have you ever heard such insane reasoning!!

Considering a career with MIDAS ?? == If you are HONEST & DEDICATED ======THINK AGAIN!!

Comments

• Mi
      17th of May, 2009

Certainly not a place to think of for a CAREER ~~ YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME (YEARS)!!
    They miss treat their employees. ALL the MECHANICS SHOULD walk out & see how the shops run WITHOUT them~~ it won't ~~
    Midas over-charges on all parts & LABOR ( which the mechanics DO NOT GET) ~~
    "WORK HARDER FOR LESS" IS THE MIDAS WAY!!
    MIDAS IS NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF JEWS

• Un
      24th of May, 2012

I was hired at Midas as a Store Manager. During my time being a Store Manager my store was up $30, 000. I was demoted to an assistant manager because my sales weren't high enough. Yes 30, 000 up wasn't enough I guess. I was forced to take a thousand dollar pay cut. Then from there I was demoted again to a general tech. Took another 400 dollar pay cut and they moved me 40 minutes from my house. Mind you I am a great employee, never got in any trouble never been yelled at nothing. I have 10 years of experience. This company is a joke. And yes their mechanics don't know what they r doing at all. They just kinda wing it. Do not take your car here!

• Ab
      30th of Mar, 2013

i work for Midas in Connecticut and it is a piece of ### job. I graduated from auto school to work on cars, not rip people off. when we order parts for the customer they triple the price for the part and then charge the customer 3 times the amount it costs. the labor i work on for the cars I dont even see. the manager gets the commision based on sales for that week. no wonder the managers rip the customer off, theyre trying to make commision and take home a chunkier paycheck and make the mechanics work for them. the managers treat the mechanics like ### and spoon the customers ### and make us work harder for them. if you want your mechanics to work good for you and bust there ### then treat them right and run an honest business. If anybody is thinking of working for midas I would stay FAAAAAAAAAAR away from it.

• Da
      30th of Sep, 2014

I work at Midas (who advertise all locations have ASE certified techs on staff) and am the only ASE certified technician they got in Vanderburgh County, IN. I've watched the manager kick the door off the hinges and scream at me for something others are doing and criticises me for being ASE certified. Additionally, I was lied to about my wage agreement walking in the door, my w-4 was done well into 3 days of actual work and my id items were collected today (1.5 wks into employment). The manager is a timebomb waiting to go off.