Midas International Corporation / unfair estimating practices at midas of wausau (wisconsin)

Wausau, WI, United States

I had a pre-scheduled appointment at Midas of Wausau on Oct 19, 2018. I had to call the owner / estimator twice to get updates after they failed to provide the promised updates in a prompt manner. Then, they cited a need to collect $124.31 diagnostics charge (which was never disclosed up front). Then, they promised to waive the diagnostic charge if I proceeded with their solution. I was verbally quoted a price for parts and labor of $1721.00 and they said they needed to run my credit card for the parts before scheduling the work. They first ran $1500 on my Visa (which far exceed the parts cost), before handing me a written estimate which still included the diagnostic work and a price which far exceeded the verbal quote, to the tune of $2292.84 for the replacement of 4 shocks and an electronic bypass kit. In my professional opinion, the owner / estimator Ken Lafflin has a estimating process and sales tactics which totally lack integrity.
-John Laabs