Microsoft Corporation

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 by

unjust customer service

I was in the San Francisco store this evening 9/23/2017, at around 5 to 6pm. I brought in a surface book that I bought 2 weeks ago because it was defective. I called around and no stores have the 512gb surface book with performance base in stock. It is not even available online as well.

I had to upgrade to the 1tb and needing to pay $500 extra due to the 512gb not available. I did not really want to pay the $500 extra, but that was the onLy option in any stores.

I spoke to a sales person wanting an exchange for 512 to 1tb. The sales person consulted with the manager and the manager wanted to know what I wanted to do. I informed her I wanted to refund my current credit card and purchase the new 1tb on a different credit card.

The first thing she said to me was that she cannot do that for me. It sounds very “fishy” of what you are doing. Because of your history of buying and returning, I need to inform and request consultation with the “Lost Prevention” in front of many customers. I was insulted and embarrassed and appalled! The entire store was very quiet and listening to our conversation. The store was full of customers and employees, the store was dead quiet when she was accusing me of criminal behavior. I cannot tell you how embarrassing and humiliating That was for me. She slandered my reputation. It is completely unacceptable for an employee to treat any customer this way. That is why employee at that store looks at me weird and mean.

My response to her, was “your policy is return within 30 days” and I always follow your policy. If you do not want people to buy and return your products, put that in your policy.

After she said it was “fishy”, I told her to refund me my entire purchase and do not sell it to me. She insist that I buy it.
The employee “Marisa” stated that she understood what I wanted to do and it was not a problem.

Not only is this situation mortifying to me and it does not make any sense. If the manager thought I was swindling Microsoft then why would she insist I purchase the 1tb and leave the store with it after she called me a “theft”?

There are no words to express how embarrassing this was for me. So please picture yourself returning a shirt at Macy’s and the store manager accuses of you that you are a theft in front of a store full of customers? How would you feel?

This is not the first time she is rude to me, I do not know what issues she has with me but I should be able to feel comfortable shopping at the San Francisco store. Is she discriminating against me because I am Chinese? Her name is Mariel. It seems like all the managers in that store has a hostile attitude towards me.

If the managers do not want me to shop at that store, let me know in writing please. I have never encounter such hostility at anywhere! It is completely unacceptable. As You know, this is not the first time I complaint about that store. But I am still receiving the same hostility. I choose to drive to Palo Alto or San Jose most of the time.

Please look into this of why “Mariel” and the other managers at that store treats me this way.

I am also Upset that I have to pay $500 extra for the 1tb because the 512gb was not available at all and I needed a computer.

If you decide it is too much trouble for me to shop at the closest Microsoft store then I would like a full refund of everything I purchase at Microsoft. I have warranties for my computers.
There is no restrictions on your return policy, so why would the San Francisco store have so much issue with me???
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Laptops / Notebooks

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree