Micro Center / have not honored price for confirmed order

1 1349 SOM CENTER RD, MAYFIELD HTS, OH, 44124,Mayfield Hts, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-634-3478

placed the order on Aug 2, 2008
They offered a choice foreither store pick up or mail order
I selected in store pick up and gave credit card details
Online receipt with store pick up status came immedietley
Next I received email confirmation for order receipt.

When I went to the store to pick up the product ..The manager says they made a mistake in the online offer and the priice has changed. They have already cancelled the order and sent me a email.

Checked my email again and the cancellation part was there . The reason for cancellation shown was it is out of the stock
If you look at their website ...it shows 40 in stock at the same store.

Micro Center is playing games with the customer. They take your credit card details, acknowledge the order at a special price and cancell the order to get higher price for in stock items

Pa

Comments

10th of Oct, 2008

I am now very disappointed with Microcenter. I attempted to make a purchase in the amount of $478.87 yesterday and was told my check is declined. I had more than sufficient funds in my account. This was after the cashier read personal info out loud into the phone (my name, driver's license number, checking account number and routing number). I was handed a card with Certegy's number on it and told to call. I did just that and had to deal with a voice recognition system that kept asking for personal info and saying, "I don't understand...I don't understand...I don't understand, " until being put on hold for over 20 minutes. I hung up. I did some research on Certegy and discovered they decline checks from people with million-dollar companies and $100, 000+ checking accounts. I called Microcenter today and told them this. They told me there is no way they can bypass this system. I told them this is lousy customer service and that I would be complaining. I was told, "Do what you need to do. If you want to talk to our legal department, that's fine." There was no apology, no attempt to resolve this matter, no customer service -- just, "There is nothing we can do." This is crap. Microcenter is going to lose business.

• Cw
      29th of Oct, 2008

this does not sound like the Micro Center I have dealt with in the past. They have always bent over backwards to help me and have honored such things in the pass. It an item is obviously a misprint, these things happen. While the customer should always be addressed nicely, and never told 'do what you have to do", as a retailer, theres always another side to the story.

• Tt