MGC Mortgage / missing payment/unpaid taxes

I have been experiencing nothing but problems with this company since our loan was sold in June 2008. I had been making my monthly payments every month even though I had not received a statement. My July payment was lost so I started sending by way of western union. Come September when my payment was due I called about July's check which had still not posted and told them I would put stop on that check and western union it with my September payment, which I did. At this point I thought everything was square on the board. Then at the beginning of December I received a letter asking me to remit funds for July's payment which I had done two months prior. When I called the Texas office they informed me they had no record of this letter being sent yet it came from their office. I was also told that all records for the account had been forwarded to the new office in MA. When I called their to straighten this out they informed me they had no records before November. When I finally received my first statement in December it showed payments 3 months behind. I have made numerous phone calls and have finally gotten all credited except the last payment that had been made to OCWEN before the loan was transferred. I faxed over the OCWEN conformation and bank statement showing it clear my bank. This was 2 months ago and the payment has still not been credited. I spoke with a supervisor a month ago who assured me she would look into it and get back to me in a few days or I could call her. She has not returned my calls and when I call all I get is an answering machine. On top of all this my land taxes which are due in January have yet to be paid yet their recording states not to send your tax bill and to keep for your records that they have a company that will take care of them in a timely manner. I am at my wits end as to what can be done about this mortgage company so that I am not at their mercy. I have even filed a report with the BBB over 2 months ago and the have not responded. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

A  17th of Mar, 2009 by
We have had almost the exact same thing happen to us in Ohio. Our loan was sold to MGC and they say we have a missing payment even though we have faxed and mailed proof. And yes...we also get a recording saying they are experiencing a "high call volume" and cannot take our call. Rediculous!!
A  1st of Jun, 2009 by
They have been messing with us every since our loan was sold to them in August 2008 as well. It's insane that we have no control over who holds the mortgage for our home - we have no choice in the matter. This company puts on a ton of charges on their statements (the ones we actually receive) and we have no idea what these fees are even for. The one time they called me back promptly was when they thought I was an attorney my husband hired (because I work at a law firm and had left my work number). It's a game - they want to be able to add the fees. After reading these posts at least now I know it is not just me. Also - if they can report you were late on even one payment (even if they make it up or shuffle it between offices so it looks like its not received) they damage your credit rating so you have to leave the loan with them until you are caught up and credit it reflecting perfect score again (which they can design to not happen). Unethical!!!

MGC Mortgage Logo MGC Mortgage