Metro PCS / not informing customers of the change number policy for refunds?

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I decided to change phone companies and wanted to take my existing cell phone number with me. When I called Metro Pcs regarding this situation they (customer service employee) felled to inform me that if I cancelled me service after 2 weeks into my cycle I would not be able to get a refund. So, basically I just gave this company after talking to too many people over the pass couple of weeks almost $45 dollars. That money could have went on my 11 year old daughter's first cellphone this she will use while away from home. Man, this company needs alot of customer service classes. They also refused to give me any of my refund or at least put half of it on my daughter's account. Yes, if you are thinking that she needs to contact the main office? I plan to write to them regarding this problem, because like all other American's I work hard for my money and don't have any to give away when I have 4 kids to feed every day.

Comments

• Me
      3rd of Nov, 2009

I agree with ever one one here complaint and I wonder why I'm still with them. I've had my phone for over a year with metro guard (insurance) so when my phine broke and I tried to file a claim to get it fixed they said I didnt have insurance metro said I did and the insurance department said I didnt, and on top off all that I order a new phone off line threw metro and the damn camara doesnt work. Metro is a bunch of bull, customer service reps dont know what they are talking bout I have to call about 50 times just to get somebody to understand me, sorry to say she was of my race and I 'm not a racist, but it was like I was talking in baby talk to those folks. So I can understand all you guys complaint

• Om
      17th of Dec, 2009

You paid $45 for 4 weeks service. That fact you decided to stop the service after 2 is your problem.
    If you read the details on the forms with your phone it clearly says its not refundable. You paid for a month and they delivered, the fact you wanted to change half way through is your loss.
    They took your money in good faith, you made the choice to change, YOU made the choice to have 4 kids. And YOU want to give a cell phone to an 11 yr old.
    If even her father does not understand how the deal works, what chance does the poor girl have. You have nothing to complain about. You got what you paid for, if you had asked if you could have got a refund they wold have told you no, but YOU never did. Blame only one person; YOU.

As for the other person who can't spell and has to bring race into everything. If the phone you bought on line does not work return it. You should check your bill each time you pay. thats is why you get a copy so you can see if you have or have not got insurance. If you had you would have proof of payment, since you don't we must agree you never paid it and when YOU mistreated your phone you started crying about it.

I have been with MetroPCS for 9 months and could not be happier, the deal is simple $40 for unlimited service with text and web. If you pay on time and you look after your phone you have no problems. They are much better than T-Mobile or Boost.