Metabody Fitness Pass Via Groupon / metabody

The dea. through Groupon to get 30 (or 20 in NYC) classes in your area for only $20 is total bs. The Groupon promotion doesn't make it clear you rhave to go through an elaboratge registraton on their website--and the website is unnavigitable. Plus--it won't let you actually do anything for two days after your register. It will, however, play over and over an awful little video from Adele Fridman, sometimes two at almost the same time, so you get an echo effect.
I can't tell if it's a scam or just the worst website I've ever seen.

Comments

• Me
      13th of Feb, 2012

It also doesn't make it clear that although all of the fitness/yoga centers offer many classes during the week, you are only eligible to sign up for a very small percentage of those classes via your Metabody pass. For instance, the Dahn Yoga nearest me offers 12 classes a week. However, I'm only eligible to sign up for 2 of those classes. And one of them is during the day, so if you work, you are SOL.

• Aj
      18th of Feb, 2012

I completely agree with the previous post. After navigating thru the cumbersome registration process, I was even more frustrated to find out all the different options I chose to sign up for where already "full" and in a few cases was asked to "purchase" the right to enter a wait list. I tried up to a least three weeks from now, but did not find one single open class. I gave up; it looks like Metabody is ony another rip off.

• Ds
      24th of Feb, 2012

hard to navigate, minimal class schedule options. i work nights and these schedule hardly work for me. not all centers offer yoga everyday, makes it hard to sign up. i wont do this again. learned my lesson

• Li
      13th of May, 2012

at first I was a little turned off about how the registration process was, and there was minimal yoga that was near to my house. However, I went with it and discovered new classes. I have been training at coastal performance which I now love and find super challenging, on my 8th class there. I have tried spin and have taken about 5 classes, and I am learning to love it... and I have also tried an outdoor coed boot camp.. which made my body hurt in new good ways... so over all for the whopping 20 bucks I put out, I got more than my money's worth.. In Palm Beach, we can sign up for whatever is offered.. so it has made it super easy. I love it and though the annoying video intro is there would totally do it again..

16th of May, 2012

As a member of the MetaBody Customer Service Team, I have to say that it is really unfortunate that some of you felt that you had a poor experience with our pass. Our intention has always been to give customers an opportunity to sample the best studios in their respective cities at an affordable price. Our number one priority is you the customer. If, at any time, you had any issue with your pass (i.e., classes are inconvenient for you, full, difficulty booking, etc), we have a team of LIVE customer services agents ready to help you get registered. When all else fails and you are still left unsatisfied with your purchase, we offer you a free 30 class pass to use at all the new locations that we are always adding or we give you a full REFUND, no questions asked!
    In fact, I reached out Miriam Bensman personally and provided her with a full refund the moment we noticed there was an issue and she posted the complaint on this board. It is unfortunate that she didn’t reach out to us when she first started having issues and then later chose to not to provide an update on her initial complaint after the refund was issued.
    We work really hard to make sure that you, as the customer comes away happy with your purchase. I realize that with over 60, 000 active clients, not everyone will be happy, but for those of you who are not for whatever reason, please give us an opportunity to address the issue by contacting us!

• Bi
      25th of Apr, 2017

@MetaBody I can't believe you wrote this in 2012 and it's 2017 and it's the exact same problem

• Mi
      8th of Jun, 2012

I'm extremely disappointed with this Groupon and I haven't even gotten past the registration point! Received an email with a link to activate my email address and it didn't work. Reach out to the "live chat" and spoke to Charles who was useless. I explained over and over and over and over what the issue was and he just didn't get it. I reached out to the "live chat" again hoping I would get someone else with a bit more knowledge and unfortunately got Charles again. He still didn't get the issue so I called the customer service number and continued to get disconnected. Very very very very poor customer service - not worth $20.

3rd of Jul, 2012

I called meta body too and got hung up twice. Tried the online chat service and Harley's ignored me. I wasted 30 minutes for Charles to answer one question though chat. Alled hotline again and got hung up. This is a waste of time.

• Re
      10th of Jul, 2012

It's not a scam to the clients, MetaBody just has no clue what they are doing and are very unorganized. It's actually more of a scam to the fitness studios that participate. That $20 you pay for the Groupon, well Groupon takes their cut and MetaBody takes their cut. The studios get NOTHING. They sell it to us that it's great advertising and will bring people into your facility that would otherwise not have come in. What it costs to have a "free" student in class should go under our advertising budget. While this is true, in order to control how many people sign up for our classes from MetaBody, we have to put caps on which classes we offer and how many MetaBody students are allowed in each class. We cannot possibly offer every single class and every single spot to MetaBody clients since we make NO MONEY on MetaBody clients. You are not supporting the local businesses at all by purchasing this Groupon. In fact we are losing money to have you in class since we still have to pay our instructors. It is great advertising for us and many students who try us through MetaBody do go one to purchase regular memberships when the MetaBody pass is over, but MetaBody is horrible to work with. They constantly mess up our schedule, and students always complain to us that their accounts are messed up. We can't fix it but we have taken to tracking MetaBody students on our own time (administrative expenses for us) since MB is so incompetent.
    Please support your local yoga, fitness, and dance studios by purchasing direct from them.

• Ki
      23rd of Sep, 2012

This is the worst Groupon I have purchased. It was a huge waste of my time and money. I wasn't able to sign up and take any classes offered. Most were either classes I was not interested in, during the day when I work, or filled so I was placed on a waiting list. I purchased two passes, one for myself and another for my partner. Neither of us used even one day of this pass. I would have been happy to pay 20 for one good yoga class, but it looks like I just donated $40 to Metabody. Another obstacle was the website. I was hardly ever able to get onto the client login page. Whenever I had to pick my city, most of the cities did not show up.

• Bi
      1st of Oct, 2012

The Metabody Groupon is a blatant scam. Groupon gave me a full refund after they found out Metabody promised a $100 Individual Coaching session and then said I have to pay $99 per month FOR 12 MONTHS to actually redeem this $100. However, this was false advertising because the Groupon said the $100 did not need any additional purchase. (Before Groupon refunded my money) I chatted with Venus from Metabody customer service (see the attached image) and Venus/Metabody just ended the chat instead of actually offering a refund or any kind of solution... Metabody is a scam and a joke.

• Co
      6th of Nov, 2012

In my case the metabody coupon included a gym called "The Gym of Boca Raton" that I attended a couple of classes at. The gym then closed down. I have told Metabody (/Wellness Living) about this multiple times but they refuse to remove classes from their site. I feel bad for everyone that is still reserving classes at this location, only to find the new owners refuse to accept their reservations. In fact you can book classes that don't even exist at the new gym!!

It seems crazy because you'd think that they'd want to win future business from me, but clearly they have no interest in doing so.

• Ba
      10th of Nov, 2012

I agree with all. WOrst groupon I have seen. i will complain to groupon about this too. They should know. I signed up because there are 3 studios near me and they have nice schedules (evening classes, weekend classes, etc). i checked the schedules on the website. Then I got the groupon and bam! those studios only had a couple of offereings on the meta body website and most were times like 9:30 on a weekday. Bull!

• Da
      14th of Nov, 2012

i don't know why people are complaining. you get to sample 5 classes in various locations. it works out to one dollar/class over a few months!! even if you can't use all it is till a great deal. some people just are never satisfied :/

• Ri
      11th of Dec, 2012

any customer service phone number?? web page is down ans i am unable to sing in, very angry at this point!

• Al
      12th of Dec, 2012

I am a studio owner and fell for this SCAM!! It is the worst mistake we have made to date. Please tell anyone you know NOT to purchase this on Groupon ever! We signed a an agreement with Metabody to partner with them one time and be featured as one of their studios on Groupon but they failed to tell us that the agreement was an auto- renew agreement that we had to cancel in writing or they would keep selling classes to our studio and making all of the profit!! After notifying them, they agreed not to feature my studio again and then featured us again and sold more passes that gave people access to our studio. It has been a nightmare, awful customer service for clients and very shady business people. Who tricks someone into signing a contract without telling them it will keep renewing unless you provide a written intent to cancel? A truly great business would disclose that information before signing the agreement as they would he confident that that the signing party would want to renew willingly and knowingly. Unethical and it is just a matter of time before enough unhappy business owners find the right attorney and sue Metabody for lost income.
    Inform friends not to buy from this business. They don't even offer services per aw- they just market and find unknowing businesses to sign their agreement then pass those businesses off as Metabody partners.. Metabody is a group of salespeople scamming businesses and consumers and making profit off Groupon without doing anything. Very shady! Aleasha Shipman Yoga Monkey & Fitness Indianapolis.

• Bl
      7th of Jan, 2013

I agree that this is a scam. The online scheduling tool has a lot of bad information. I have tried to go to 3 classes at 3 separate locations without success. One had spinning instead of the yoga that I registered for on line. The next said that they never offered yoga on the night that I registered for and tonight the 3rd strike was that the instructor had never heard of metabody and never signed up with groupon - DON'T FALL FOR THIS!

• Fa
      26th of Feb, 2013

I am really upset about this i signed up for a class in ewa beach hawaii it gave me the address on pu pu st i went there and it was a house!! not a center i called to complain and they gave me the same address

26th of Apr, 2013

I had a horrible experience with Metabody I live in Vancouver they don't have a location here they say they have but they just partner with some local gym in area... groupon is not helping us to get a refund for yoga class adv. sold by them falsely sold when you try to call this guys is a total nightmare no customer service, DO NOT BUY THIS DEAL FOR YOGA IF YOU LIVE IN VANCOUVER BC! i DID AND i WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT TO MY WORST ENEMY.

3rd of Jul, 2013

Hi Marielie, we are sorry that you had such a horrible experience with us. It is true that we do not have our own location in Vancouver. Our offices are based in Toronto and we partner with some of the best studios in North America and promote classes on their behalf. We want to give customers like you an opportunity to try out a variety of classes and studios and find one that is right for you.
    It is also true that not all studios have yoga classes. We cannot expect a Kettle bell studio to have hot yoga classes! Nor can we expect a yoga studio to have kickboxing classes. Each studio has their own specialty and you have an opportunity to try them all. All the class schedules are posted on our web site and we hope customers would visit the site and check the schedule prior to purchasing our pass.
    You had mentioned that you are in Vancouver and wanted yoga, we have wonderful locations in your city to try out classes! Had you contacted us, we would have pointed you to those locations and helped you get registered. That is what our support team is for and I would like to think that we do a wonderful job at helping people. Our over 30, 000 loyal Facebook fans feel the same way that I do!
    Unfortunately, our happy customers and fans do not post on the Complaints board, but I thought that I would share some of their sentiments here:

“Buying my pass with MetaBody has been a wonderful experience. I've been able to try out several different yoga studios throughout the city multiple times - all for $20! A great deal, with great participating studios. Registration online is fast, efficient, and easy. Would highly recommend!”
    Lyndsey
    New York, NY
    ---------------------------
    “My experience with the Metabody Pass was excellent especially when taking into account the initial investment for the pass. I was able to experience many different studios as well as a variety of teachers and teaching styles. I practiced at Yoga in Tribeca, Sacred Sounds Yoga and Keshava Yoga. All were very diverse in the styles presented - I enjoyed each of them. Thank you! ”
    Corin
    New York, NY
    ---------------------------
    “I am very excited that I am going to be able to mix and match between the many exercise options. One time I'll be trying spinning, then yoga, boot camp or group exercise classes. It gives me the chance to try many workouts. One gym was even located close to me and I would have never found it. Thank you! ”
    Florence C.
    Miami
    ---------------------------
    “I just moved to Minneapolis and the pass allowed me to try out different yoga locations to see what suited me best. It's also an extremely good deal and also beneficial for people, like me, who get bored easily and like trying different work outs! ”
    Leah L.
    Minneapolis
    ------------------------------
    “This has been a life changer, I started off weighing 149 lbs and going through the mid life change where nothing worked. I had a hard time sleeping and kept gaining weight.
    I bought a METABODY pass for me and my 12 year old daughter and I thought we could use it to spend quality time together while I tried to get my body back.

We started off with Martial Arts @ Hapmudo Studio, then La Plata fitness with a Butt and Gutt class and found their Spin class; I am now officially hooked on Spin.. We did Annapolis boot camp and that was fun. We tried Kick boxing which I now do once a week. We tried Cardio kick boxing @ Jordin's Paradise, I love this Studio. Ying Yang Yoga was such a great experience; we would go to Olney MD (which is about an hour from where I live) religiously every Sunday morning. I now do Yoga twice a week, I love it, , , , ,
    I am now 127 lbs and my ideal weight is 125 lbs.

I am 50 years old and having the best time of my life, I have a friend at work and she also purchased a pass. We schedule to our classes together and we have been to so many areas of Maryland, DC and Virginia that we would not have known about without Metabody.

Thanks METABODY you have saved our lives and given us a healthy life style and we did not have to break the bank doing it. ”

Roxanne
    Washington

• Ts
      29th of Jul, 2013

I also had a bad experience with trying to use the MetaBody pass in Phoenix. I activated my Groupon a day or two before it expired online for 30 days of classes. I go to book a class a couple days later and the website says my membership has expired! WTH? No where did it say I had to USE the 30 day pass up totally before the expiration. Just that it had to be ACTIVATED before the expiration date. I DID call and could never get through to anyone. I also emailed them and NO RESPONSE. Waste of money. Beware.
    Tshona