Meineke / Terrible experience!

1 Ritchie HwyGlen Burnie, MD, United States Review updated:

Ridiculously strict on auto inspections and then they try to cheat you out of your money. Failed me for dirty headlights and imperfect windshield wipers. I had replaced the wipers only a month prior. They also failed me on alignment. The car has always run smoothly so I was baffled. Suspecting Meineke was cheating me, I took the car to another shop and showed him my inspection papers. He thought Meineke was being a bit shady all around. Particularly since Meineke had not written down what the reading on the alignment was. The new shop checked the alignment themselves and said it had a reading of 13.4 feet pull. You need a reading of 40 to fail. The shop called Meineke to ask what the deal was. Meineke stated that the front control arm was bent and needed to be replaced otherwise it would continue to pull out the alignment. But on the inspection papers, Meineke had passed the control arm, now they say it has be replaced before it can pass? DO NOT go to Meineke in Glen Burnie. They're the kind of mechanics who try to cheat you out of your money.

Comments

• Pu
      27th of Feb, 2008

Don't go to the Meineke at 662 Artery in Quincy, mass. Some guy named Joe told me that a tune up would cost me $300. When I complained he said that tune ups on newer model cars are $600. On top of it all he was excrutiatingly rude. When I told him there was nothing wrong with my car I just knew it needed the tune up he responded "OK so I can throw a couple of spark plugs in it..." I mean what a creep; the meaning of service is lost on him. Basically he was insisting on finding something 'wrong" with the car so he could charge me the $300. Don't go there.

• Mi
      13th of May, 2008

Also had a bad experience here in Lubbock, Tx.
    Manager Timothy Valenzuela said per a phone conversation
    that I authorized work to be done that I did not.
    I thought this was a reputable company.

• Le
      26th of Jan, 2009

I'm curious, what kind of vehicle was the tune-up on?